1. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Shout

2. FISCHER's rating of the film The Shout

Une oeuvre étonnante et fascinante qui se regarde et s'appréhende comme un long cauchemar entre folle réalité et réelle folie, selon son regard et sa disponibilité... www.cinefiches.com

3. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film The Shout

4. Rosina Rossini's rating of the film The Shout

Unforgettable. I'm giving it three and a half shoe buckles out of five. The story was intriguing, and that's what matters most! Acting was great too.

5. José Neves's rating of the film The Shout

An heir of the Free Cinema's style (already when its protagonists had moved away from that), that adapts it to Skolimowski's thematic and fictional free circulation, but by purposely wanting to shuffle and confuse much more in order to incite its premisses, it stresses much more the attention to a borrowed formality that leaves a disappointment about a "second degree" language.

6. Balthaz21's rating of the film The Shout

7. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film The Shout

8. Josh the Bookseller's rating of the film The Shout

So English I was afraid it'd colonize & tax me.

9. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film The Shout

10. Pymo's rating of the film The Shout

Scream If you wanna go faster!

11. Shayan Bazri's rating of the film The Shout

It was really strange exprience & I like strange.very 70's & in a way altmanish. But it felt something missing ؛though the acting is supereb ,especially Alan Bates. There is something in a style that you wish roeg was made this movie.But unfourtunately he wasn't available at the time.

12. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film The Shout

Confounding and in many ways intriguing. I just wish the direction and acting was better cause the story is not very well handled despite tons of potential. What should have been an ominous mystery becomes almost a parody. Good material, poor execution...

13. Ronja's rating of the film The Shout

sound gets really explored in this film, it's great to see how it evolves both thematically and formally. otherwise hated it. especially Alan Bates' character. instead of getting amazed or scared, i got constantly annoyed by general unconvincingness and exaggeration. dear skolimowski, why why why?

14. Wariaz's rating of the film The Shout

I really love the scene where John Hurt's composer character is working, experimenting in his studio, creating these great electronic sound effects. It's super sensory. So cool.

15. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film The Shout

Lo famo strano (cit.) Non è che mi abbia convinto molto, neh.

16. Sonosoloio's rating of the film The Shout

terrible, terrible, terrible! i dont' know what to say.

17. T. J. Harman's rating of the film The Shout

Alan Bates is incredible in this as are the rest of the cast. I"m not sure I understand the whole film but I enjoyed the hell out of it.

18. Subterranean Cinema's rating of the film The Shout

One of the greatest films that most people have never seen, a mystical masterpiece that would be a good double feature with Peter Weir's "The Last Wave".

19. Publius's rating of the film The Shout

Can you say 'Nicolas Roeg'?

20. Jaspar Lamar Crabb's rating of the film The Shout

Skolimowski thriller is one of the smart horror films. Alan Bates is brilliant and has a lot of chemistry with Susannah York.

21. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film The Shout

A powerful and truly strange surrealist horror film from director Jerzy Skolimowski. A pervading atmosphere of surreal dread - as well as superb performances by John Hurt, Susannah York, and, particularly, Alan Bates - make what could easily be a completely ridiculous story work as something absurd, but darkly compelling. A cult classic that deserves to be better known.