1. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Sign of the Cross

Nero playing harp and reciting poetry while watching Rome burning is a pleasure one must not be deprived of. The debauchery scenes are not so different than some of our parties, proof that human progress in this matter is a decoy. What about Nero's Games : I have rarely seen such a cruel and sadistic scene on screen than the scene of the Christian pin-up waiting to be devoured by crocodiles. Masterpiece.

2. Jon K's rating of the film The Sign of the Cross

Oh, the *delicious* debauchary!

3. Irma Vep's rating of the film The Sign of the Cross

Gorgeous, glorious trash.

4. El Biffo's rating of the film The Sign of the Cross

5. bartkl's rating of the film The Sign of the Cross

A well-told story of the rise of Christianity in the Roman empire. It shows beautifully the contrast between the hedonistic, self-centered Romans and the virtuous, peaceful Christians. The central example is shown through the concept of love. Marcus' love for Marcia seems little more than selfish, carnal desire, whereas her love for her faith seems to transcends that. And stylish too. This is really good.

6. ExperimentoFilm's rating of the film The Sign of the Cross

This film has got EVERYTHING.

7. MarcH's rating of the film The Sign of the Cross

Laughton and Colbert are lip-smackingly evil as Nero and Poppea. It's a violent, exploitative, decadent film...it gives me a chuckle when right-wingers praise DeMille as family entertainment...his movies practically wallow in sin, with bad guys that are always more fun than the good guys.

8. chanandre's rating of the film The Sign of the Cross

[Cinémathèque PT #422: 35 mm] (2006)

9. Roscoe's rating of the film The Sign of the Cross

I saw this on TV and found it a good campy watch. Then I saw it on a big screen and the total phony self-pitying piety became frankly nauseating.