1. K.S.'s rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

2. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

3. indomi3's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

I strongly agree what Jonathan Demme said; Lecter is a good man, he just trapped in an insane mind. Alas the American Film Institution made Hannibal Lecter as the #1 greatest film villain out of fifty. This is indeed a very best performance of Hannibal, no wonder Anthony Hopkins won Oscar's Best Actor.

4. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

3.5-4. I don't know if the film gets all the way 'there' in resolving the issues raised by its own evocations (the suffering of the innocent, the limits of personal transformation, the bristles against gender in a neutral political system), but taken together, they give texture to a movie that is able to resolve its own central action. It's further served by some excellent direction from Jonathan Demme.

5. 849025's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

"Don't take this the wrong way, I'm glad you're making the movie, but I'll probably never see it." And I asked him why and he said an interesting thing. He said that he read in an interview with John le Carre that after le Carre saw Alec Guinness play Smiley that he could never write Smiley again...a character that he thought he would write for the rest of his life, but Alec Guinness had stolen Smiley from him - J.D.

6. le Gars's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

7. speedball's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

8. lisa's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

rewatched this bc i bought a uni sweatshirt and it made me think about the opening shots. anyway this really is a movie about men watching women and i'm glad i watched this again when i was older, while wearing full sweats and having really bad cramps. yes i can and WILL mention cramps in everything i type on mubi, damn what was i even talking about at the beginning of this review i can't remember

9. MistaRichard's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

Rewatched this for the third time and Anthony Hopkins' role as "The Cannibal" still strikes me as one of the most powerful performances ever to be put on film. A must.

10. FISCHER's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

Une oeuvre superbe qui égale (presque) en qualité et en suspense, le roman... www.cinefiches.com

11. anacecil's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

Terrible, apasionante suspenso que lleva a la enfermisa mente de un siquiatra experto en asesinar y en asesinos. Un hilo muy delgado entre la realidad y la ficción y entre la cordura y la locura.

12. Isaac Blaine Suttle's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

A masterwork in overall filmmaking technique, 'Silence of the Lambs' delivers a bone-chilling crime drama with two memorable performances from Jodie Foster and Anthony Hopkins.

13. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

14. Bernard Batubara's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

Gripping performance by Anthony Hopkins. Unexpected twist. Brilliant metaphor.

15. Nick Schwab's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

The psychological tension between Foster and Hopkins are easily its royal flush, as it's these masterful scenes of them sparring that glue the procedural and gothic horror elements together that alone don't have as much dramatic or emotional depth. Manhunter knew when to pull back for characterization, Silence never quite does. It still has some obvious if tense scenes, but at times it's overblown (Lecter's escape.)

16. mysteriousgirlno2's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

também eu gosto de dançar com a fatiota com que deus me botou ao mundo enquanto penso que me trepava que nem uma árvore. gosto da Jodie Foster a esmagar o patriarcado podia tambem esmagar esta rata me liga jodie foster

17. Arandhitio Ballagi's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

18. choupinet's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

Still a classic, which I love.

19. VivianDarkbloom's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

This film has given me my favorite icon: Hannibal Lecter, brilliantly performed by the iconic Anthony Hopkins.

20. Elia Canevascini's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

21. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

I don’t believe in perfection, but this is a pretty solid argument. There’s nothing wrong with this film. I wouldn’t call it a personal favorite, but it’s clear that this is a great movie, and a rare one. There are many, many better films in my opinion, but something this technically flawless doesn’t happen very often.

22. Patrick John's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

Five stars because everything was perfect, my halloween movie. I'm not sure if it was transphobic or not, I wasn't offended or anything but reading people's comments about it, I'm not so sure if the artistic masterpiece could get away with such transphobic depiction

23. Alberto Marcello's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs