1. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

Thriller that inspired almost any movie where the F.B.I. was involved and gave birth to the style of 1990s science fiction shows like "The X-Files". The chemistry between Jodie Foster and Anthony Hopkins was something unique on screen at the time and the story were an engaging nail-biter throughout. Is it allowed to love both this one and "Manhunter"? Yes, it is.

2. Duncan Gray's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

Revisiting this for the first time since my teens, I had two realizations. First, that it's not as serious-minded as I remember—in fact, in its shameless goosing, cartoonish villainy, and sexual subtext, its heart is the sort of smart B-movie prized by Roger Corman (who gets a cameo). Second, that that makes me like it just as much—if craft can convince the Academy that a cheeky thriller is prestigious, god bless.

3. Vince W's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

Are the lambs a metaphor or something?

4. npynvt's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

Never go wrong with Dr. Hannibal series.

5. Johnny Mislow's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

Absolutely on edge from the beginning of the movie 'till the very end. If a picture makes you feel like that, it's an immediate classic.

6. cengle's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

Great movie. The close-ups of Hannibals eyes alone will haunt my dreams.

7. Fabiha's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

"First principles, Clarice. Simplicity. Read Marcus Aurelius. Of each particular thing, ask: what is it in itself? What is its nature?"

8. Bernardo Crastes's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

Always thrilling to watch, albeit slightly overdramatic at points. Hopkins is epic and Foster is just a greatly satisfying character. Undeniable classic.

9. Ka potem Es's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

10. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

11. akunfilmku's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

I strongly agree what Jonathan Demme said; Lecter is a good man, he just trapped in an insane mind. Alas the American Film Institution made Hannibal Lecter as the #1 greatest film villain out of fifty. This is indeed a very best performance of Hannibal, no wonder Anthony Hopkins won Oscar's Best Actor.

12. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

3.5-4. I don't know if the film gets all the way 'there' in resolving the issues raised by its own evocations (the suffering of the innocent, the limits of personal transformation, the bristles against gender in a neutral political system), but taken together, they give texture to a movie that is able to resolve its own central action. It's further served by some excellent direction from Jonathan Demme.

13. ‏ㅤletterboxd.com/xescie's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

"Don't take this the wrong way, I'm glad you're making the movie, but I'll probably never see it." And I asked him why and he said an interesting thing. He said that he read in an interview with John le Carre that after le Carre saw Alec Guinness play Smiley that he could never write Smiley again...a character that he thought he would write for the rest of his life, but Alec Guinness had stolen Smiley from him - J.D.

14. le Gars's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

15. Thomas Dods's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

The reason that this gothic horror works is the relationship between Lecter and Starling. Lecter is duplicitous; an adversary pretending to be a mentor, respectful of her but still arrogant. Starling is tough willed but more fragile than she lets on, trying to prove herself to a world which looks down on her background and gender.

16. speedball's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

17. lisa's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

rewatched this bc i bought a uni sweatshirt and it made me think about the opening shots. anyway this really is a movie about men watching women and i'm glad i watched this again when i was older, while wearing full sweats and having really bad cramps. yes i can and WILL mention cramps in everything i type on mubi, damn what was i even talking about at the beginning of this review i can't remember

18. MistaRichard's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

Rewatched this for the third time and Anthony Hopkins' role as "The Cannibal" still strikes me as one of the most powerful performances ever to be put on film. A must.

19. FISCHER's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

Une oeuvre superbe qui égale (presque) en qualité et en suspense, le roman... www.cinefiches.com

20. anacecil's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

Terrible, apasionante suspenso que lleva a la enfermisa mente de un siquiatra experto en asesinar y en asesinos. Un hilo muy delgado entre la realidad y la ficción y entre la cordura y la locura.

21. Isaac Blaine Suttle's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

A masterwork in overall filmmaking technique, 'Silence of the Lambs' delivers a bone-chilling crime drama with two memorable performances from Jodie Foster and Anthony Hopkins.

22. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

23. Bernard Batubara's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

Gripping performance by Anthony Hopkins. Unexpected twist. Brilliant metaphor.

24. Nick Schwab's rating of the film The Silence of the Lambs

The psychological tension between Foster and Hopkins are easily its royal flush, as it's these masterful scenes of them sparring that glue the procedural and gothic horror elements together that alone don't have as much dramatic or emotional depth. Manhunter knew when to pull back for characterization, Silence never quite does. It still has some obvious if tense scenes, but at times it's overblown (Lecter's escape.)