1. keremebrulee's rating of the film The Silent World

An otherwise beautiful film, made with a deep love for the blue, ruined by scenes of animal torture and violent scientific exploration methods.

2. Lex Lucas's rating of the film The Silent World

Three stars for jojo le mérou and the colors, otherwise no.

3. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film The Silent World

4. FISCHER's rating of the film The Silent World

Un documentaire rare et bienvenu ! www.cinefiches.com

5. Samuel T.'s rating of the film The Silent World

Wanna learn about the coral reef? Blow it up!

6. Alonso Díaz de la Vega's rating of the film The Silent World

While it is appalling to see scientists driven by violent impulses and inhumane conduct, this film should remain relevant not only because of its beauty and its honesty. Its blunt depiction of man as an invader on Earth shall always remind us how far we've come from the irrational creatures that kill out of hatred, into the thinkers who guard the natural world. Very much, actually, like Cousteau himself.

7. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film The Silent World

A beautiful looking and groundbreaking movie! I appreciate how Cousteau doesn't indulge in science mumbo jumbo and creates a film that even a dummy like me can enjoy!

8. Phasmatrope's rating of the film The Silent World

Any word on a Region 1/US DVD/Bluray release of this? I'd really like to see a version with English subtitles. Any info (or leads to where I can find a translated SRT subtitle file) would be much appreciated!!

9. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film The Silent World

★★★ time will not be nice to this, specially when it comes to watch Jacques Costeau deliberately killing sharks. but his research and astonishing imagery shall prevail.

10. Fabio Ornelas's rating of the film The Silent World

We learn more about the vile and dominant human nature in this amazing documentary than about the aquatic life itself. By the end of the movie, the sensation that remains is that the world would indeed be a better place without us in it to interfere.

11. Truls Foss's rating of the film The Silent World

12. Scout Tafoya's rating of the film The Silent World

A fine documentary considering Malle was just out of school but what bugs me is that Cousteau spends most of the film making up vaguely scientific things for his crew to get up to. They inhumanely ride turtles, torment a grouper, kill a whale then blame sharks for its death and kill those too. It's kind of appalling that he got away with it. I wonder what changed that turned him into a proper environmentalist?