1. Nick Potter's rating of the film The Skin Game

Sure, pobody's nerfect and you have to start somewhere, but this felt particularly weak. It felt like Champagne showed more of what Hitchcock would become than this did. The plot was hard to follow, and the shoddy audio quality didn't help with that.

2. Monkey Flix's rating of the film The Skin Game

In the auction scene, you can see how Hitchcock is just beginning to learn how to build suspense. Baby steps of a future great director. But he's not there yet. This film is otherwise skippable.

3. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Skin Game

Edmund Gwenn and the one action scene are prob the only reason to watch this. One of Hitch's weakest efforts. 2 stars

4. Slappy McGee's rating of the film The Skin Game

(half star) Truly terrible. Boring. A zero interest in anything going on. Man, I was clawing my eyes out. I just wanted someone to strangle someone else. That would have been satisfying. Damn. Bad acting. Bad direction. Bad settings. Just... bad. Hitchcock? Sheesh.

5. Honeychurch's rating of the film The Skin Game

Pretty ho hum melodrama. But the auction scene!

6. Loz Loory's rating of the film The Skin Game

3.5 Sure, bad sound and lighting, but surprisingly poignant tale ten times better than any episode of "Downtown Abbey." And better costuming! Some shots here that become tropes in Hitchcock's later movies: the dramatic & quick push-ins on the closed doors lacked only the shrieking strings of a Bernard Herrmann score; the view from the manor ends one scene and starts the next via a quick dissolve to the auction flyer.

7. Aardsy's rating of the film The Skin Game

I dreamed of playing the skin game as a little boy.

8. FISCHER's rating of the film The Skin Game

>>> Curiosité qui vaut par la rareté de sa diffusion et la solidité de son scénario... www.cinefiches.com

9. rllr's rating of the film The Skin Game

Early capitalism shows its ugly head. No Hitchcock grand cru, but completely worth it to track this one down.

10. Steve's rating of the film The Skin Game

I liked the performance by Edmund Gwenn

11. Hikaru's rating of the film The Skin Game

Another uneven early talkie by Hitch with one terrific auction scene. In this and in the previous two features, he rarely uses background music. Interesting, but it feels very dialog heavy.

12. Rebecka Lindberg's rating of the film The Skin Game

Good drama but the actors were not really memorable to me.