1. kartina obskura's rating of the film The Skin I Live In

2. the_mentaculus's rating of the film The Skin I Live In

A film I’d easily compare to Straw Dogs - Pauline Kael famously said that film was a fascist work of art. This: sexual fascism, disguised under cuts and methodical bruises, as art. Frankly, I have nothing good to say. Needlessly beautiful, hopelessly erotic. A triumph of desire over the imagination like de Sade on a tirade, or Bunuel unhinged from even his propriety. There’s evil, here, Almodovar wants you to find.

3. carlosleite's rating of the film The Skin I Live In

Almodóvar's fisrt movie i saw. The music is great, the craziest revenge I've ever seen in the movies. Almost excellent.

4. Loud Rocks's rating of the film The Skin I Live In

5. Francisca's rating of the film The Skin I Live In

6. mimivulturul's rating of the film The Skin I Live In

7. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film The Skin I Live In

8. João R's rating of the film The Skin I Live In

I could actually give it another star but, since, at the end, I felt that some characters still felt unfinished, I defend that my rating it's justifiable. Nevertheless, its story was quite intriguing.

9. ninchok's rating of the film The Skin I Live In

Though watched it a long time ago, the impression is still very much living.

10. FISCHER's rating of the film The Skin I Live In

Pour notre part quelques éléments superfétatoires, (comme par exemple la venue du frère déguisé en tigre ou l'enfermement de Vicente dans un cachot souterrain) et des longueurs préjudiciables handicapent sérieusement l'oeuvre pour nous laisser qu'une impression mitigée, une transplantation ratée... www.cinefiches.com

11. Michael Peer's rating of the film The Skin I Live In

Wow. A total knockout. This is not only one of the darkest and most twisted films Almodovar has made, it's one of the craziest movies I've ever seen. I had a physiological reaction to this film. Almodovar found a way to crawl under my skin and never left me alone. He has crafted a masterpiece in fear and tension that is unlike his other. Match Point is to Woody Allen what The Skin I Live in is to Pedro Almodovar.

12. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film The Skin I Live In

Quite an interesting movie which reminded me a little of Solaris in its first half. In the second it takes quite a turn though which is very exciting at first, but it just stretches on a little too long. I have to add to this however that Banderas did a stellar job. Prior to this film I'd never taken him seriously as an actor.

13. Santiago Roditti's rating of the film The Skin I Live In

14. Arijan's rating of the film The Skin I Live In

Almodovar's masterpiece

15. tri ...'s rating of the film The Skin I Live In

16. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film The Skin I Live In

A horror film which will make you feel very weird.

17. anacecil's rating of the film The Skin I Live In

Una película del suspenso negro, terrible, duro

18. Huey McEvoy's rating of the film The Skin I Live In

A deliciously campy, fucked-up little Gothic horror. Forgive me, Pedro, for doubting you during the first act - it soon reaches peak Almodóvar. Shooting it as a period piece, perhaps even in monochrome, would have been an interesting experiment in noir pastiche.

19. riraru's rating of the film The Skin I Live In

20. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Skin I Live In

As revenge fantasies go, this one goes pretty far. It's very involved, and as it goes along it also becomes a bit silly. There are some good performances by the other characters in the film.

21. edurott's rating of the film The Skin I Live In

Esta película se pasa, no soy el mayor admirador de Almodovar pero esta película esta entre mis favoritas. Simplemente una obra de arte!

22. Beatriz Menezes Castro's rating of the film The Skin I Live In

Every day I manage to love Almodôvar a little bit more than the day before

23. ap's rating of the film The Skin I Live In