1. Warren Spratley's rating of the film The Sleeping Beauty

This seems to me to be Breillat's greatest masterpiece.

2. muse_x's rating of the film The Sleeping Beauty

3. Mogambo's rating of the film The Sleeping Beauty

Perhaps I missed a lot coming from a male perspective. Beautifully shot. Although I didn't think that the aesthetics matched the tone in some scenes. The darker/scarier scenes were rendered tame because of how gorgeous everything looked.

4. bencor's rating of the film The Sleeping Beauty

Ladies and Gentlemen, the ever loving logo/lexophile Aisatsana-https://soundcloud.com/purefiller/aphex-twin-aisatsana-102-pure-fillers-cover-for-a-rainy-day

5. yasdnil's rating of the film The Sleeping Beauty

Contrary to many, I found this a beautiful film. Carla Besnaïnou plays a mesmerizing Anastasia, cursed to a century-long sleep. After an aesthetically stunning dream, she awakens as a 16-year-old in modern day. It beautifully shows the dreamy innocence of childhood, and how sobering the transition to adulthood can be. Anastasia is no longer a little pampered princess, but an adult in a less-than-magical world.

6. SueRay's rating of the film The Sleeping Beauty

If only I could have seen movies like this one when I was a kid!

7. Max Seqgar's rating of the film The Sleeping Beauty

Young women and their stories... crazy stuff here!

8. tj_eckleburg's rating of the film The Sleeping Beauty

thank u, breillat, for bringing forth that which is implicit to every girl's becoming-woman, the loss of being a *princess*

9. Jack Remington's rating of the film The Sleeping Beauty

Again, nice Cinema photography!

10. acroprint's rating of the film The Sleeping Beauty

TRES CUTE and the puuurfect video for that sensitive (but confused) 16(maybe 15) year-old who pins some kinda chic fashion clippings on the wall... (I don't think, like that other reviewer said, that flicks don't get any more pretentious then this> in fact I really disagree! TRES DISAGREE!)

11. salami's rating of the film The Sleeping Beauty

Anastasia wants only the most entertaining dreams, and her wish is granted. most of the film/dream is a pretty accurate and gorgeous retelling of H.C. Andersen's fantastic story, The Snow Queen. she has a lot of trouble getting into reality, afterward; but doesn't everybody!

12. mpho3's rating of the film The Sleeping Beauty

"To be beautiful one must suffer," Anastasia says. I must be fucking gorgeous then, given how much I hated this movie from start to finish. Oh, Catherine Breillat. It's always a roll of the dice with you, isn't it.

13. El Biffo's rating of the film The Sleeping Beauty

This has its flaws, but Oh! How I love fairy tales! Breillat's sexy updates have a gorgeous sensual aesthetic, and the child actors she employs are always enchanting. There are so many beautiful visuals,and a feeling of magic. I don't believe in god OR science, but I believe in magic!

14. dschank's rating of the film The Sleeping Beauty

not quite as fun as "bluebeard," but still a compelling and enjoyably opaque retelling of a children's story. and like "bluebeard," breillat gets fantastic performances out of children, focusing more on the amoral freedom that comes prior to coded, adult sexuality. breillat is pretty pessimistic about the ramifications of sex, but unlike a lot of her ilk, she still treats it with kink and fascination. works for me.

15. Garçon Manqué's rating of the film The Sleeping Beauty

16. Equui.nox's rating of the film The Sleeping Beauty

I can't wait given Barbe Bleu's quality !

17. Joseph Pellegrino's rating of the film The Sleeping Beauty

The Sleeping Beauty contains themes that dominate director Catherine Breillat's work but the film is quite uneven. Princess Anastasia rebels against the role society has carved for women but is incapable of igniting a revolution. Her slumber is uninteresting and the final 20 mins contain the most interesting ideas but they are rushed through. The lack of imagination throughout is ultimately disappointing.

18. Drew.'s rating of the film The Sleeping Beauty

I don't know if I've ever been so overwhelmed with joy as I just was discovering the existance of this film after having just watched Bluebeard. I'm obsessed with fairy tales and am quite dismayed that Disney seems to be the only creative force turning them into films (no offense to my childhood). I can't wait for this! I hope it's part two of a trilogy of Breillat fairy tales concluding with The Little Mermaid!

19. IA's rating of the film The Sleeping Beauty

It was great until she woke up.

20. meiere01's rating of the film The Sleeping Beauty

The second installment in Breillat's faerie tale deconstruction, once again places a great child actor as the lead. A story of gender identity, the desire to grow up, followed by the realization that being an adult isn't as great as we once have all thought.

21. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film The Sleeping Beauty

Baffling in a most enjoyable way, even when it goes into more familiar Breillat terrain at the end (which I know is deflating after what comes before, but such is life). Contains some of the best child acting I've ever seen.

22. lyratheliar's rating of the film The Sleeping Beauty

whatever breillat is trying to do with this movie, i don't think she does it very well. however, carla besnaïnou is enchanting in the most wicked way. she bewitched me as well as the humans and the animals in the movie :)

23. Olivia Reneé Saldívar's rating of the film The Sleeping Beauty

Delivering a monotonous speech in French doesn't undo the monotony. Even if you add nubile young men and maidens recently culled from the extras of Twilight. With side swept bangs and everything. I mean it's like Jodorowsky made a an ad for Seagram's gin which Breillat copied but not before her 16 year old daughter got a hold of it.

24. Miasma's rating of the film The Sleeping Beauty

Critical faculties notwithstanding, sometimes I just like watching Breillat work.