1. Jason's rating of the film The Smell of Us

Watched it without English subtitles and my French is such that most of it was gobbledygook to me, but I do understand the international language of awesome.

2. bernardovazdecastro's rating of the film The Smell of Us

"The smell of us" is just a smell of the magnificence of "Kids". Is still looks for the bodies and for youth, but he lost completely the sense of doing it. Tweety year before, the camera was part of it, now is just a simple voyeur, forcing narratives for is on pleasure.

3. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Smell of Us

4. inanrehsemog's rating of the film The Smell of Us

For me, a Masterpiece. I was absorbed totally by the movie, so deeply. And it has nothing to do with me on a personal level. Some parts, some seconds of this movie, are beautifully perfect. This is an instant masterpiece. And a reminder that I have to dig and explore more films by Larry Clark.

5. José Neves's rating of the film The Smell of Us

The smell, that sensorial physicality, is lost very early in the film, although the work with the adolescents is again magnificent as well the look towards their bodies. Yet, the rest, the small vain fictions and the too diegetically intentional sexual encounters, are a loss of expression as well as the changes of support, coarsely justified with the character of the boy who films, directly or figuratively. A mess.

6. jxn's rating of the film The Smell of Us

could have been a great one from clark but it's just lacking so much.

7. -REM-'s rating of the film The Smell of Us

8. sónia fialho's rating of the film The Smell of Us

9. Alcock Hitchfred's rating of the film The Smell of Us

10. EmiEmi's rating of the film The Smell of Us

For the first time with Larry Clark i really don't want to hang out with his kids. And they live in my place...

11. Raúl Silva Gómez's rating of the film The Smell of Us

Podría ser una secuela verdadera a "Kids", podría. Larry Clark logra captar la idea de la juventud pero es difícil plantarla en una realidad más allá del "se siente como". Conocí a muchos chicos así, pero nadie que fuera TAN punkvalemadresdiosestamuerto como ellos. Finalmente, Clark sigue conociendo la juventud a pesar de sus años. Es chavoruco y por eso se rifa. BONUS: Necesito ese box logo, hombre.

12. haugenlars@hotmail.com's rating of the film The Smell of Us

13. gematoma's rating of the film The Smell of Us

too many purses in the short period of time

14. thomisdead's rating of the film The Smell of Us

15. El Biffo's rating of the film The Smell of Us

I don't speak much French, and I watched this with no subtitles, but I loved it anyway. As usual with Larry Clark, there is plenty of sex, violence, and skateboarding. This may be his most visually beautiful film! 2016: Re-watch, this time with subs. I can see why this film would be extremely repulsive to a lot of viewers. I still like it. Like KIDS(1995), it is simultaneously repulsive and beautiful.

16. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film The Smell of Us

one of the weakest Clark so far, but still with some charm, smelly charm

17. Galnice's rating of the film The Smell of Us

18. Jørgen Lien's rating of the film The Smell of Us

No idea how to rate this film. It's mostly terrible, like everything Clark has done since at least Ken Park; filled with paper-thin characters, leering close-ups and pretentious cutaways, but at least there is some pretention there. Maybe. Or maybe even slightly forgiving this mess is auteurism gone bad. It made me hate myself for detesting it so incoherently, or for not detesting it enough. 2/5, likely downgrade.

19. IV NEVER BEEN TO A RODEO's rating of the film The Smell of Us

20. Jorawantstoeat's rating of the film The Smell of Us

I actually enjoied it, but it didn't make any deep impression upon me. Probably because it is senseless, just as the life it portays.

21. Pymo's rating of the film The Smell of Us

22. Nicolas Marin.'s rating of the film The Smell of Us

23. anarresti's rating of the film The Smell of Us

Maybe I'm getting old, and the fact that now these kids could be my children is becoming a factor, but suddenly Larry Clark's portrayal of youth seems really nihilistic. I mean... really nihilistic. There was nothing I could hold on to. (and I do remember my whole childhood and teen years). Maybe, just maybe, now it is beggining to be disturbing. Oh Larry, I need to listen to you talk about this. I'm lost.*

24. polkasan's rating of the film The Smell of Us

Oh my... that was horrendous.