1. Royce Jr.'s rating of the film The Son of the White Mare

2. bulgrin's rating of the film The Son of the White Mare

What an amazing trip. This is something special.

3. Algitya's rating of the film The Son of the White Mare

never expected to be that comedic, tho.

4. THORIVOS's rating of the film The Son of the White Mare

if one steers away from applying critique on the level of heteronormativity and instead embraces the fact that this is an attempt to imaginatively retell an ancient hunnic/avaric tale...then this is a magnificent, technically very impressive, incredibly creative masterpiece of animation. it's incredibly popular in hungary, sadly also in connection with nationalist ideas (arany himself spread hate of german culture).

5. The Kid's rating of the film The Son of the White Mare

Hungarian folklore in the form of an 82 minute closed-eye visual trip. Stunning animation, one of the most imaginative animated films I've ever seen.

6. Pedro_Fernandes's rating of the film The Son of the White Mare

unbelievable color/shape masterpiece

7. Thijmen's rating of the film The Son of the White Mare

Simple universal story based on hungarian and nomadic folklore, beautifully animated. Great use of colours

8. João Rocha's rating of the film The Son of the White Mare

masterpiece. the most insane visuals ever

9. dialupmodem's rating of the film The Son of the White Mare

10. Girl Hell's rating of the film The Son of the White Mare

11. Gentuli's rating of the film The Son of the White Mare

my eyes ached but I couldn't stop watching

12. Yasser Azmy's rating of the film The Son of the White Mare

I was staring opened mouth all the 82 min , incredible!!

13. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film The Son of the White Mare

Non so bene cosa abbia visto, ma era bellissimo eh.

14. redux's rating of the film The Son of the White Mare

Brilliant in places, deeply paradoxical. Made in the Soviet era (= unimaginable now), treasured by the MoMA, this was a stepping stone for a toxic right-wing culture in Hungary, thriving on ambivalence and double standards, pretending one can be Christian and Pagan at the same time. The rush of archaic symbology that makes it trippy is, in fact, the expression of "anything goes as long as it's trad".

15. diegolar's rating of the film The Son of the White Mare

esta es lejos mi película favorita

16. Spiritchaser's rating of the film The Son of the White Mare

The Holy Mountain of animation.

17. rian's rating of the film The Son of the White Mare

18. Desmond's rating of the film The Son of the White Mare

Most folk tales lose their soul when transferred to another medium. This doesn't just retain it, it refracts, reflects in a grand celebration of that immutable part of our past that fairy tales connect to.

19. Rashed's rating of the film The Son of the White Mare

best animated anything ever. cgi will never accomplish anything this beautiful and enchanting.

20. Coheed 2.5's rating of the film The Son of the White Mare

Absolutely grateful I watched this. It's a shame it is not readily available because it is up there as one of the most colourful and visually unique animations I've seen.

21. Balder Strååt's rating of the film The Son of the White Mare

22. Joseph Sylvers's rating of the film The Son of the White Mare

Epic doesnt really do it justice. Its up on youtube with english subs. I RECOMMEND! Up there with "Adventures Of Prince Achmed","Belladonna Of Sadness", and the original "Fantasia".