1. FISCHER's rating of the film The Sons of Katie Elder

Sympathique petit western qui utilise ingénieusement tous les canons du genre ! www.cinefiches.com

2. Nolan Barth's rating of the film The Sons of Katie Elder

This film is one of the most underrated and atypical westerns out there! For a long period of time it is a simple family drama, it isn't until the explosive final that the familiar western tropes make an appearance. Hathaway focuses most of the film on simply fleshing out the characters. This is a western more concerned with characters and relationships instead of gunplay and it is all the better for it.

3. Daniel Metcalf's rating of the film The Sons of Katie Elder

Having seen Hathaway's True Grit and work in How The West Was Won, my expectations weren't too high for what I expected to be a simple revenge Western. I'm not sure why this is so under-seen/celebrated (in relation to True Grit). A touching family drama at times, a sprinkle of Hawksian companionship, a sprinkle of Ford's look at democracy and the law, and some of the best widescreen cinematography that I've seen.

4. MovieDude1893's rating of the film The Sons of Katie Elder

A sentimental favorite. Rough and tumble genre piece eager to stay within those confines. Still the principles have a nice chemistry and the river shootout is very memorable. Worth the time.