1. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film The Sound of Music

I do not connect to this film on any level. It is The Void.

2. Enrico Benarivo's rating of the film The Sound of Music

3. Pango's rating of the film The Sound of Music

Mubi is filled with pompous contrarians that would attack anything that is remotely escapist, even when the film is impeccable from the beginning until the end.

4. Pirilampa's rating of the film The Sound of Music

too many christmas of my childhood with this on the background

5. Charlotte Hafner's rating of the film The Sound of Music

I guess I'm just not the right audience for this. Thought it was quite sentimental and boring, but it's beautifully shot!

6. Victoria Garcia's rating of the film The Sound of Music

One of the best musicals the history of film has ever offered. It is not another movie with catchy songs. Is a cheerful and funny film that makes the viewer have a strong observation of the role of the war and ideology, but also focus on the joy and happiness of the daily life.

7. nona vanis's rating of the film The Sound of Music

up on melancholy hill there's a plastic tree~

8. the.deft.one's rating of the film The Sound of Music

OK, I admit it, Wise's endearing crowd-pleaser is a really well crafted piece of cinema and I can't really criticise it at any technical level. Yeah, it's characters are a little flimsy and it's running time stretches for too long (due mainly to song repetition) but seeing such a innocent approach to the threat of Nazism was fresh (and unexpected). Flibbertijibbet!

9. aurkihnowe's rating of the film The Sound of Music

I think this movie is a masterpiece, and you'll never talk me out of that!

10. Justin's rating of the film The Sound of Music

One of the greatest musicals of all time. Childhood favorite.

11. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film The Sound of Music

7/10 cercando di essere obiettivo, ma non ho capito se mi sia piaciuto. Alterna un comparto tecnico impressionante, spettacolare e ogni tanto diciamo pure BELLO a situazioni di artificiosa, confezionata e imbarazzante infantilità gioiosa ruspante. La canzoncina coi bambini che imparano le note musicali mi ha gettato nello sconforto più assoluto.

12. Iulia Necsulescu's rating of the film The Sound of Music

watching this movie felt like drinking hot chocolate in front of the fireplace on a stormy winters day, curled up in a fluffy blanket of nostalgia and escapism

13. Victória Célia's rating of the film The Sound of Music

Simply I didn't like it at all and I don't understand why people like it

14. SVS-XIU's rating of the film The Sound of Music

i fell asleep and woke up with a terrible, terrible headache

15. lazoti's rating of the film The Sound of Music

16. Kwemo's rating of the film The Sound of Music

A great, classic musical that isn't particularly challenging to watch. Everything about it is infectious and that isn't always a good thing.

17. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film The Sound of Music

The beautiful Alps get glorious treatment on the screen about the singing von Trapp. It may feel as it becomes too cute and has too many songs at times but it is hard not to say it that this film is not effective, but among my top films it ain't.

18. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film The Sound of Music

Hmm, how do I really feel about this movie? Can I openly stan? Definitely not what I would usually go for, but it's so well done, the musical numbers are great and memorable and the cast is very likable. A wholesome film that I can stand behind.

19. orangetaxicab's rating of the film The Sound of Music

20. FISCHER's rating of the film The Sound of Music

Adapté d'une célèbre comédie musicale "La Famille Trapp" le film fut un succès phénoménal dès sa sortie américaine (cinq oscars) et reste un des incontournables piliers cinématographiques systématiquement programmé pour les fêtes de fin d'année, à l'époque de la Nativité. Kitsch à souhait. Les inconditionnels adorerons ! www.cinefiches.com

21. anacecil's rating of the film The Sound of Music

Un clásico para niños que ví en mi infancia. Lo recuerdo con cariño

22. angeldromero's rating of the film The Sound of Music

CLASSIC and SPLENDID musical filled with songs that will charm your heart and dances that will make you fall in love with each character. This movie to me is a timeless piece of cinema and also a really entertaining watch, perfect movie to watch with your children. Yes, it gets corny at times and yes it gets really long but besides those two I don't see anything else detrimental to the film.

23. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Sound of Music

Is this the greatest musical of all time? Don't ask such silly questions. If you don't like this film, then either you don't love musicals, or you didn't see it as a child. The film is notable in that the scene with 'Climb Every Mountain' was cut out in many countries, because of the moral implications. I went to 'Sing along with The Sound of Music', and I dressed as a nun. So, yeah, I kinda like this film a lot.

24. EdieMaas's rating of the film The Sound of Music

Re-watched recently at a campy NYE afternoon sing-a-long screening at TIFF, hoping the glee of indulging in a sanctioned guilty pleasure would override the saccharine silliness, and instead found myself deep in a legit (if over-the-top) cinematic achievement. Solid 3-star Hollywood heavyweight with a 4th for the lush production. And the nostalgia ;) Condolences to anyone too cool to be charmed by Bil Baird's puppetry

← Previous 1 3 4