1. orangepeelon's rating of the film The Sound of Music

2. FISCHER's rating of the film The Sound of Music

Adapté d'une célèbre comédie musicale "La Famille Trapp" le film fut un succès phénoménal dès sa sortie américaine (cinq oscars) et reste un des incontournables piliers cinématographiques systématiquement programmé pour les fêtes de fin d'année, à l'époque de la Nativité. Kitsch à souhait. Les inconditionnels adorerons ! www.cinefiches.com

3. anacecil's rating of the film The Sound of Music

Un clásico para niños que ví en mi infancia. Lo recuerdo con cariño

4. angeldromero's rating of the film The Sound of Music

CLASSIC and SPLENDID musical filled with songs that will charm your heart and dances that will make you fall in love with each character. This movie to me is a timeless piece of cinema and also a really entertaining watch, perfect movie to watch with your children. Yes, it gets corny at times and yes it gets really long but besides those two I don't see anything else detrimental to the film.

5. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Sound of Music

Is this the greatest musical of all time? Don't ask such silly questions. If you don't like this film, then either you don't love musicals, or you didn't see it as a child. The film is notable in that the scene with 'Climb Every Mountain' was cut out in many countries, because of the moral implications. I went to 'Sing along with The Sound of Music', and I dressed as a nun. So, yeah, I kinda like this film a lot.

6. EdieEmm's rating of the film The Sound of Music

Re-watched recently in a campy NYE afternoon sing-a-long at TIFF, hoping the glee of indulging in a sanctioned guilty pleasure would override the saccharine silliness, only to find myself taken in by a genuine (if over-the-top) cinematic achievement. Solid 3-star Hollywood heavyweight with a 4th for the gorgeous production. Well, and the nostalgia. Condolences to anyone too cool to be charmed by Bil Baird's puppetry.

7. Ana Sousa's rating of the film The Sound of Music

8. Jonas A. McCaffery's rating of the film The Sound of Music

Ti, a drink with jam and breaaad (jam and breaaad). A drink with jam and bread and jam and bread and jam and bread and jam and bread and jam and bread and jam and bread and jam and bread and jam and bread and jam and bread and jam and bread and jam and bread and jam and bread and jam and bread and jam and bread and jam and bread and jam and bread and jam and bread and jam and bread and jam and bread!

9. akunfilmku's rating of the film The Sound of Music

I enjoy the movie as a family-genred movie and when the German-Austria problem started, I started to unlike it too.

10. Terry_Moby's rating of the film The Sound of Music

3.5 I liked it much more than I had expected... Spectacular photography, great production - Hollywood at its peak. As for the story, the acting, the music: a matter of taste... (I think Plummer looks pretty embarrassed singing 'Edelweiss'.)

11. Murat Erdem's rating of the film The Sound of Music

Elli yıl sonra bile sönükleşmemiş. Mükemmel değil belki ama beğendim filmi. 3.5/5

12. hamsa's rating of the film The Sound of Music

one of my favourites movies!!

13. f-nanda's rating of the film The Sound of Music

14. James Mackin's rating of the film The Sound of Music

Saw this way too many times as a kid to genuinely enjoy now, but hey, the camp and the Nazis make up for it.

15. ceknklsn's rating of the film The Sound of Music

16. film's rating of the film The Sound of Music

An amazing musical film...

17. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Sound of Music

The Pauline Kael line calling this "The Sound of Mucous." I enjoyed that image so much that the film has now become more pleasurable.

18. Carolina Sousa's rating of the film The Sound of Music

I don't care what everybody says. It's a lovely film. We all have guilty pleasures. And mine is to sing these cheesy songs

19. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film The Sound of Music

20. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Sound of Music

Easily the better film over Mary Poppins, animation advances aside. The songs, the romance, it has it all. Too many classic moments to list. The title tune, something good, and eidelweiss are permanently engrained in my memory. Top 5 musical. Check out Andrews in Darling Lilli for a complete 180.

21. Miguel Antunes's rating of the film The Sound of Music

Whatever Julie is taking i want it too, she still looks exactly the same 50 years later

22. Erdinc Sivritepe's rating of the film The Sound of Music

23. INZER's rating of the film The Sound of Music

24. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film The Sound of Music

Wise's ingenious take on the stage musical book is understandably a beloved classic, but its overblown runtime, repetitious musical numbers, underdeveloped characters and animated performances hardly make it the musical masterpiece it's considered to be.

← Previous 1 3 4