1. La Schiff's rating of the film The Source Family

really cool to see clips from a primary source- a woman who played an archivist role in the family and documented their legacy in the 70s through film etc. straightforward reflections from her and other former members now in retrospect as well.

2. The Macho King's rating of the film The Source Family

3. santiago alzate botero's rating of the film The Source Family

white people..................................oh my god

4. Eleanor Abernathy's rating of the film The Source Family

5. Noah Lethbridge's rating of the film The Source Family

6. Ari's rating of the film The Source Family

Given my cynical yet healthy disdain for, in no particular order, hippies, cults, new agers, self-proclaimed messiahs, cultural appropriation, polyamory, communes, Western yoga, self-righteous vegans, and Southern California, I was, at first, taken aback that the film appeared to take a less than critical take on the material and even more genuinely surprised by how sympathetic I found everyone, even Father Yod.

7. dschank's rating of the film The Source Family

i love yahowa 13's records, so i've been looking forward to this. it doesn't disappoint; lots of weird cultural connections, from yogi bhajan to bud cort, and some pretty extensive footage (thanks to family archivist isis aquarian). most surprising is the measured, ambiguous responses of former members - none hold father yod in contempt, but many think quite critically about the pros and cons of the movement.

8. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film The Source Family

9. eharadon's rating of the film The Source Family

Kept hoping for a better payoff. Maybe I'm jaded because I've seen too many similar movies and I want to hear some crazy shit.