1. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Spanish Prisoner

***1/2. Deep inside me, I knew that Rebecca Pidgeon was too perfect to be the woman of my life. Recommended.

2. Steve G.'s rating of the film The Spanish Prisoner

No Spaniards were imprisoned during the making of this movie.

3. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film The Spanish Prisoner

David Mamet is as faintly deplorable as a public figure as he is narrowly but highly talented as a narrative/visual constructor. But credit where credit is due: This is one of the best examples of how well he hoes his small but fecund row. Crisp and clean to the point of near-abstraction, yet all in good faith. Plus leading-man eyecandy Campbell Scott -- the Jon Hamm we had before Jon Hamm, and was he ever up to it!

4. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film The Spanish Prisoner

The dialogue sounds like it got ripped from the pages of a typical thriller novel. It promises action but delivers none through the way it was shot(no dramatic or subjective camera work here) and the 4:3 aspect ratio makes me think it was a television movie, the ones played in the afternoon no-one watches. But the story is engaging i guess.

5. Nic's rating of the film The Spanish Prisoner

Twists and turns make for a good plot. Boom in shot a few times, can obviously forgive. A really enjoyable movie to watch, cared about what happened to Joe and enjoyed the ride. A gripe of mine for a lot of mystery/heist films is how the plot resolves in about 30 seconds

6. Stuart's rating of the film The Spanish Prisoner

7. Varun Anisetty's rating of the film The Spanish Prisoner

Quirky dialogue and Enjoyable plot.Rebecca Pidgeon has some great deliveries.

8. Obient's rating of the film The Spanish Prisoner

Best Mr. Mamet's heist trilogy.

9. Pierre's rating of the film The Spanish Prisoner

There is some bad dialogue in this film that makes me cringe, but seeing Steve Martin play a serious role is a good idea. He should watch this every time he makes another doofus film.

10. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film The Spanish Prisoner

11. oldfilmsflicker's rating of the film The Spanish Prisoner

Campbell Scott looks so much like his father its ridiculous!

12. a Smith's rating of the film The Spanish Prisoner

13. Amenicart's rating of the film The Spanish Prisoner

Thank you for giving this role to Steve Martin!

14. Phil Worfel's rating of the film The Spanish Prisoner

My first Mamet. Weird dialogue but very cool plot with the rare serious turn by Steve Martin.

15. House 0f Leaves's rating of the film The Spanish Prisoner

The script is wonderful, natch. The only problem is that only a couple of the actors know what to do with it. There's a reason nobody hires Campbell Scott. I've seen better emoting in my egg drop soup.

16. Pierluigi Puccini's rating of the film The Spanish Prisoner

Mamet plays to be Hitchcock like he did in his first feature. The results are pretty good, a fine and engaging thriller that unravels its clues patiently and keeps you guessing what is going to happen next.

17. Tobin.'s rating of the film The Spanish Prisoner

Engaging and entertaining thriller. I love how the great dialogue in Mamet's films is always delivered as flatly as possible. Steve Martin proves that he's just as adept at playing serious characters as he is at being a funny guy.