1. gld48's rating of the film The Spirit of the Beehive

Beautiful. Blows Pan's Labyrinth out the water.

2. dordairobert's rating of the film The Spirit of the Beehive

3. Walker's rating of the film The Spirit of the Beehive

Gorgeous tableaux of a childhood around the time of the Spanish Civil War. Watch it more than once; this one is a grower for sure.

4. Eriugena82's rating of the film The Spirit of the Beehive

I absolutely loved this. A wonderful representation of childhood innocence and wonder when faced with the 'serious' concerns of the adult world. There is the backdrop of Franco's Spain and the cracks left by the civil war but mostly this is not explicit. From a visual perspective it was stunning, and combined with an excellent soundtrack this only adds to the poetic and dreamlike nature of the film.

5. Ricardo Branco's rating of the film The Spirit of the Beehive

6. Bruno's rating of the film The Spirit of the Beehive

Que película tán maravillosa, la sugestión de un asombro, la niñez.

7. EdieEmm's rating of the film The Spirit of the Beehive

An exploration of the Frankenstein story as political allegory in post-civil war Spain. Also as commentary on the father-daughter relationship. And beehives, representing both country & family... All of which, for all implied complexity, are neither woven into anything resembling coherence, nor individually treated with more than hints at depth. Maybe due to Franco's censorship regime...? Still, mostly underwhelming.

8. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Spirit of the Beehive

9. ginobartolomi's rating of the film The Spirit of the Beehive

Yes, this film is about coping with war, it's about the power of childhood imagination....I also found it to be a tender ode to the love of the cinema. That moment when Ana's reflection turns into Frankenstein's in the water and she turns around to see him in standing their in the flesh is just chilling.

10. FISCHER's rating of the film The Spirit of the Beehive

Cette magnifique et rare production ibérique, d'un réalisateur peu prolifique, reste une des plus fines incursions du cinéma dans le domaine de l'enfance entrecroisant imaginaire et réalité avec autant de bonheur, de simplicité et d'émotion. www.cinefiches.com

11. Ramona Arsene's rating of the film The Spirit of the Beehive

12. AdrianM.'s rating of the film The Spirit of the Beehive

ok, I admit, I loved the heck out of this movie

13. Rhinnnn's rating of the film The Spirit of the Beehive

Five hundred lonely stars.

14. ceknklsn's rating of the film The Spirit of the Beehive

15. RoRoRoro's rating of the film The Spirit of the Beehive

16. postblueink's rating of the film The Spirit of the Beehive

8.5/10 (03. 09. 2016). so tender and quite. like spirit of the beehive of your life as want to be, to see something past that you need. childhood. without any words.

17. Joel's rating of the film The Spirit of the Beehive

I'd been anticipating this film for some time, having it play into so many of my favourite traits in cinema, coming-of-age, dark fantasy, art-house slow and a visual eye for beauty, yet I was a bit held back from being fully won. I had difficulty connecting to the slow direction of the film, which usually is no problem. I need to revisit.

18. film_lies101's rating of the film The Spirit of the Beehive

This felt slow, ponderous, and frankly boring

19. ssolf's rating of the film The Spirit of the Beehive

There's masterpieces then there's masterpieces...this film is truly up there in the category of greatest films ever made. Torrents' face haunts me every time. Each frame is glowing with beauty. Erice's approach to every element of the film is so direct. Everything about it leaves you feeling haunted, nostalgic, melancholy and warm.

20. Tatami's rating of the film The Spirit of the Beehive

Yellow's the colour of this summer film. The warmth is beautifully conveyed with the drowsy soundtrack. The focus is entirely on the children and their life, the reaction to the harshness of life. Truly touching.

21. Kseven's rating of the film The Spirit of the Beehive

22. Jess PJ's rating of the film The Spirit of the Beehive

By far my favourite interpretation of childhood, not to mention the beautiful, unmistakably Spanish location, atmospheric, spacious, just brilliant.

23. Marcelo Fornari's rating of the film The Spirit of the Beehive

Posiblemente la mejor película española de todos los tiempos.

24. Jim Fear's rating of the film The Spirit of the Beehive

One of Spain's finest films.