1. bartkl's rating of the film The Spy Who Came in from the Cold

Wonderful film, both deep and entertaining. I particularly loved Leamas, whose cynical character is so well-portrayed and psychologically profound. His entire character just radiates nihilism, yet finds purpose in the eternal waiting, the game one plays as a spy. This film made me look into the psyche of a spy like no film did before. Highly recommended work of art.

2. DenoResandono's rating of the film The Spy Who Came in from the Cold

THE SPY WHO CAME IN FROM THE COLD is a very different espionage-thriller. It's also depicting spy differently. It isn't like James Bond who seems to know well about his mission & could have fun with some girls. The spy in this movie is a man who didn't have any choices. He didn't know what's gonna happen to him later. This movie succeed to describe the reality of espionage. Thanks to Martin Ritt's solid direction...

3. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film The Spy Who Came in from the Cold

Una película de espionaje adulta y sobria que revela como las ideologías pueden convertir a los seres humanos en fichas descartables. Burton, y la mayoría del elenco, se marcan una actuación sobresaliente. La fotografía en blanco y negro es notable y elegante. El final es de una crueldad y amargura impresionantes.

4. o_oo's rating of the film The Spy Who Came in from the Cold

outsider, interloper, voyeur, seedy squalid bastard

5. pluviosity's rating of the film The Spy Who Came in from the Cold

in my opinion, Burton was not really a miscast, but only a too-safe choice, he's kinda went along the plot. The movie was great particularly because of the beautiful cinematography and John le Carré's amazing story.

6. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film The Spy Who Came in from the Cold

Faithful to Le Carré's novel in both content and tone, the disgust at the hypocrisy/amoralism of cold war politics is brilliantly conveyed through the outstanding visual depiction of mid 60s London and Burton's electric and controlled performance. There are issues with pace and some of the writing but it remains one of the very best cold war thrillers with a distinctly sombre atmosphere and an acute sense of rage.

7. Justin Senkbile's rating of the film The Spy Who Came in from the Cold

Oskar Werner is so so good in this

8. Paul Relf's rating of the film The Spy Who Came in from the Cold

Wasn't too into this. Bloody good ending though.

9. ammar's rating of the film The Spy Who Came in from the Cold

10. SiIencio's rating of the film The Spy Who Came in from the Cold

Certainly confussing and hard to follow for most parts. A Le Carré spy novel requires a certain pace and patience to develop and assimilate the complexities of its intricate and misty plot, something that film is not often prepared to offer kindly. On the other hand Richard Burton carries the intrigue and conspicuous drama effortlessly in a classy and sober performance, the highlight of this film.

11. Jaroslaw Wasyluk's rating of the film The Spy Who Came in from the Cold

Why is it that we watch films on MUBI that we can watch for free elsewhere? I don't think that's fair at all.

12. Ramzi's rating of the film The Spy Who Came in from the Cold

slow-paced and complex....sounds like my ex-wife

13. Penelope q's rating of the film The Spy Who Came in from the Cold

What James Bond would be in real life.

14. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film The Spy Who Came in from the Cold

Richard Burton is once again effortlessly excellent, this time playing a spy caught up in the usual mix of gamesmanship and treachery that fans know to expect from author John Le Carre. The support cast is full of great players, the tension builds nicely throughout, and the third act is impressively grim and cynical. Superb stuff.

15. sizelando's rating of the film The Spy Who Came in from the Cold

Came together nicely in the end, but almost frustratingly opaque in the first hour.

16. Superfrog's rating of the film The Spy Who Came in from the Cold

Good photo, ok spy intrigue, inspired ending. All in all drags itself too often.

17. Natty's rating of the film The Spy Who Came in from the Cold

Wonderful + pleased to see that it was filmed in Ireland which fits in nicely with his character. An Emerald Film indeed.

18. dannyjp1981's rating of the film The Spy Who Came in from the Cold

So, the black & white photography is stunning, the performances are riveting, and the last 25 minutes are genuinely gripping. But so much of at least the first 70 minutes of the film felt like treading water, rather than careful character building. And so, as much as I was actually really looking forward to watching the film despite my lack of enthusiasm for the genre, I was rather disappointed.

19. Sarah Pietsch's rating of the film The Spy Who Came in from the Cold

Classic. Beautifully shot. I was a bit confused about the plot but it all became clear towards the end.

20. Anita G's rating of the film The Spy Who Came in from the Cold

What a brilliant film. I had forgotten how beautiful the lighting was. So much of this film is about the shadows that are being and that have been cast.

21. JCPJD's rating of the film The Spy Who Came in from the Cold

Look at Burton's eyes - they don't move. The chap is a universe of charisma and tension confined to the skin of a man. A once on a generation talent and I think this might be one of his best, most nuanced performances. The story is a great spy thriller. The atmosphere is built from the opening scene and this has made me go watch Tinker, Tailor with Alec Guinness.

22. Bob's rating of the film The Spy Who Came in from the Cold

When remembering this is around the James Bond era it really exposes the concept of the Spy being the person in control. In fact they are the pawns, chewed up and spat out for the use of a political cause. Very nice movie, not overplayed, some nice shots and an interesting addition to a usually hammed up subject.

23. 'king Harold's rating of the film The Spy Who Came in from the Cold

Unlike the ridiculous Tinker, Tailor film of 2011, this production still has the stink of the Cold War upon it and performances to suit. London is fantastically dank and Burton once again reprises his existential hatred of all things human. Why? "So the moronic masses can sleep safely in their flea-bitten beds".

24. Omnibus1's rating of the film The Spy Who Came in from the Cold

Worth watching for the stunning HD B&W cinematography of 60s London alone. In this age of ever rising political polarization, it's a timely tale of the "little people" who suffer the cynical machinations of powerful forces.