1. Joao Francisco Pinho's rating of the film The Square

2. James Mackin's rating of the film The Square

Where do people go when they need help? To a friendly stranger? To a public sphere (or square)? To God? In this modern day, can one even help? And is there any Justice? (At the very least, there is Genesis, and Genesis is dope). Stuck somewhere between a 4 and a 5, but I get why it won the Palme d'Or.

3. Kamran's rating of the film The Square

4. Pymo's rating of the film The Square

5. Jorge Mourinha's rating of the film The Square

6. laura's rating of the film The Square

3.5. a little over long.

7. Fırat Ataç's rating of the film The Square

8. Ricardo Branco's rating of the film The Square

it's so risky: it can go from hilariously funny to very scary in a second.

9. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Square

7.9/10, my review: https://wp.me/p1eXom-3cr

10. Khach Aloyan's rating of the film The Square

11. Mr. Dude_o_o's rating of the film The Square

Highly disturbed by the "wild animal" sequence which says a lot of our so-called modern life.

12. OLIVER-J's rating of the film The Square

Östlund definitely in control here with a sharp and often biting film filled with some excellent sight gags and visuals. there are times when it meanders a little but that's probably intentional. I would be just a shade under a 4, PLAY is still my favourite of his.

13. Eric Porcelluzzi's rating of the film The Square

14. Jacopo Ficulle's rating of the film The Square

15. João Martins's rating of the film The Square

After "Force Majeure", Ruben Östlund remained a 'director to follow'. So he actually consolidates it with this big and complete film. Serious contemporary issues likes segregation; risks and challenges that we face in public spaces; some of our current personal problems that we deal on our daily basis... He shows it all, in a sophisticated and detailed way, that we simple figure it out ourselves.

16. HAD!L's rating of the film The Square

The least pretentious movie about everything pretentious, fake and stupid in the contemporary pseudo-intellectual elite of our modern day. A modern masterpiece.

17. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film The Square

The Square is an exciting, too-big-to-fail endeavor that will go down in the annals of film history for its extraordinarily provocative set pieces. Highlighting the ‘high v. low’ dichotomy every chance it gets, Ostlund pushes all kinds of boundaries with rare fearlessness, making this an uncomfortable, but consistently rewarding cinematic experience.

18. Denis Zordan's rating of the film The Square

19. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film The Square

20. speakingparts's rating of the film The Square

21. Paolo Utili's rating of the film The Square

22. Marco Tassinari's rating of the film The Square

23. Benjamin Bland's rating of the film The Square

Could've been absolutely brilliant, but overplays its hand in the final third.

24. pirri's rating of the film The Square