1. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film The Square

2. Terry_Moby's rating of the film The Square

...the baby, waiting in the car, the press conference I, the pile of chairs, the monkey in the flat, the energetic boy, the monkey performance, the press conference II... a hilarious, unsettling film.

3. lupiter's rating of the film The Square

4. angelicidea's rating of the film The Square

Apart from a few funny gags, a slog to watch. I know it is trying to provoke me and make me feel uncomfortable, but it felt laboured and I thought that it was trying too hard to present its points.

5. Dries's rating of the film The Square

feroce satira sulla borghesia e finissima riflessione sul concetto di arte. Ad oggi il miglior Ostlund a mani basse

6. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film The Square

"Welcome to the jungle. Soon you will be confronted by a wild animal. As you all know, the hunting instinct is triggered by meekness. If you show fear, the animal will sense it; if you try to escape, the animal will hunt you down; but if you remain perfectly still without moving a muscle, the animal might not notice you, and you can hide in the herd safe in the knowledge that someone else will be the prey." Satire.

7. Minousch's rating of the film The Square

What people see in this film is beyond me.

8. nadnab's rating of the film The Square

9. alecnoir's rating of the film The Square

10. LAB ARBUTA's rating of the film The Square

= NOCTURAMA = nuovo cinema MODERNISSIMO = CANNES = TUA MADRE è UNA COGLIONA RUBEN, TUA FIGLIA MORTA!

11. Loz Loory's rating of the film The Square

2.5 Wayyy too long. Trim out an hour and we would still get the point. Yes, what constitutes "art" is arbitrary. Yes, the semiotics of discussing art are absurd. Yes, museums are elitist and marketing schemes can easily veer into poor taste. If the film had been about the repercussions of the note as it was received in each apartment, it would have been a much fresher, more interesting piece of performance art.

12. Mauro Pagano's rating of the film The Square

13. mootz15's rating of the film The Square

Might have been quite clever if Bunuel had made it 50 years ago, but as it stands, The Square is a forgettable 'comedy-drama' that tries much too hard to push all the right political buttons, viz. the follies of the 'professional' art world, Eastern v. Western Europe, perceptions of Middle Eastern migrants, etc.

14. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Square

Really enjoyed 'Force Majeure', so not surprised that this one was good. It also helped that it was a satire about art, and quite funny. It bravely went from one vignette to the next without losing the plot. Particularly enjoyed the scene with Terry. Art should be dangerous, or we end up with squares.

15. wi.bi's rating of the film The Square

i love all the weirdness!!! the monkey scene at dinner just WOW!

16. Pango's rating of the film The Square

One of the most intelligent film of the decade. Clever, original, funny, grotesque, subtle and nuanced satire of the absurdity of the art world, an analysis on the limit of freedom of expression, social class and so much more. Bobby Mcferrin soundtrack is AMAZING , and Elizabeth Moss is so weird in this. One of the finest of 2017

17. Eddie Rinctoya's rating of the film The Square

18. patchwork's rating of the film The Square

19. Kwemo's rating of the film The Square

An aesthetic and funny movie that cannot focus on what it wants to say. Many of the situations seem to go nowhere. The best moments are any time the actor playing the gorilla came on screen. One of the best performances I've seen and overshadows all other scenes. You can't have supporting characters more interesting than the rest of the movie especially when the movie is almost 2 and a half hours long

20. Blue Roses's rating of the film The Square

21. Adam GR's rating of the film The Square

A cool, opulent, peculiar, Swedish satire on art, culture, and class. A rambunctiously playful polemic on the human condition in free states. Vignettes in a voice I've never heard before. The latter half turns from incisive comedy to mysterious realism. I'd agree it doesn't actually touch down anywhere longterm in my moral code. I'm Cannes-mad at the dinner scene. Moss and Læssø are memorable support.

22. valdez 2032's rating of the film The Square

A sly look at the art world, the part that galleries play in the presentation and pretension of the medium and how people get swept up in it. It casts a critical eye on just what is art, from a room full of piles of stones to a street mugging that looks like a theatrical piece

23. Balthaz21's rating of the film The Square