1. steeeeellaaaaa (Iulia N)'s rating of the film The Staircase

I love the concept of following an ongoing case and discovering every new thing at the same time as the characters, really stands out from other crime documentaries that just reconstruct the events

2. Sean Patrick Stevens's rating of the film The Staircase

I've only seen part 1 but it left me absolutely riveted!

3. Renton47's rating of the film The Staircase

A minor masterpiece of true crime film-making due both to its arresting subject matter and its attention to the mundaneness of the trial. Its length and languid nature removes the glamour associated with cinema court room trials, and instead we see the arduous and occasionally boring elements which engulf everyone involved in the trial. Embodies true uncertainty as either verdict begins to feel like a tragedy.

4. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film The Staircase

5. Slow Immersion's rating of the film The Staircase

6. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film The Staircase

I must admit that six hours was a little long. The series was unable to grasp my attention for the entire span of time. The time spent in the courtroom however was so intense... The real time presence really helped to build the tension towards the verdict. I was so excited to hear the outcome of this case!

7. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film The Staircase

Maybe dad was right. Maybe I should have been a lawyer.

8. Øyvind Rype's rating of the film The Staircase

Without any reasonable doubt this is a very engaging piece of courtroom drama, in the likes of Lestrade's previous Murder On Sunday Morning, Paradise Lost, Pressumed Guilty and courtroom fiction film alike. Reading on and you will find important ommisions which were important in the actual court room. You spend six hours watching what you think is the case as it was primarily presented, when in reality it is not.

9. Richard Fong's rating of the film The Staircase

Michael Peterson: "When I think of Kathleen, unfortunately what I remember is her dying in my arms."