1. C'est Bastien's rating of the film The Start

2. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Start

Neither a documentary, nor a short, this movie's hyperactivity and that of its star is nothing short of annoying. Throw in a loud jazz score, and you've designed the antithesis of enjoyment for me.

3. El Biffo's rating of the film The Start

Ridiculous silly fun with Jean-Pierre Leaud. Plenty of sight gags, 1960s Nouvelle Vague style. 3.75

4. José Neves's rating of the film The Start

If his later incursion in British Free Cinema wasn't consequent, this Nouvelle Vague (french and polish) burlesque version is brilliant, with a wild Skolimowski choreographing ideas of musical movements along with an extraordinary score by Krzysztof Komeda and cinematography by Willy Kurant: filmed in Belgium, with Léaud as protagonist, we can only see the mirage of an adventurous Paris of the 60s, masculin-féminin.

5. Vasco Bação's rating of the film The Start

6. AugusteB's rating of the film The Start

7. Rafael's rating of the film The Start

fast, funny and great music

8. Dimpfelmoser66's rating of the film The Start

It's great that films like this exist although they are a bit painful to watch at times. Films that haven't really a plot but rely on a few ideas and the main actor and are apparently done with a very tight budget. For me it was interesting cause Deep End is one of my all time favourites and I was curious to see if Skolimowski's Genius was apparent a few years earlier. On the evidence of this, it wasn't really.

9. lina maj's rating of the film The Start

10. ricovskij's rating of the film The Start

oh, mon chère jean-pierre♥

11. Ronja's rating of the film The Start

ah, what energy, what freedom and chemistry! amazing interplay between komeda's music and skolimowski's images. it's interesting how the humor in this film gets at some points transformed into total sadness and vice versa.