1. Richard Tines's rating of the film The Station Agent

Featuring Peter Dinklage long before Game of Thrones, this understated little drama is effective but not overly remarkable in the end... Worth a watch it you enjoy Dinklage's acting though...

2. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film The Station Agent

Una storia che nasce interessante, prosegue mediamente bene, ma finisce deragliando, tanto per stare in tema. Un finale tranciato soffoca tutte le domande e le sottotrame lasciate in sospeso durante il film, in un modo eccessivamente brusco. Gran rammarico, perché la regia e la fotografia sono di altissimo livello, così come Dinklage che, a quanto pare, sa recitare anche fuori da King's Landing. Cafè con leche!

3. Nachtreich's rating of the film The Station Agent

Nah. Magari, senza musiche messe come il cazzo.

4. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film The Station Agent

Beautifully played by the three leads, it's a nicely paced and tasteful character piece. Keeps just the right side of sentimentality. Though it is permeated with themes of regret and loss and there is plenty of melancholy, it is also very funny and has about it a charming benevolence. The end result is an intelligent and original feel-good experience.

5. Jason Moore's rating of the film The Station Agent

Will be watching this again and again. Lots of nuances to pick up on. Great chemistry.

6. Federico D'Accinni's rating of the film The Station Agent

One of the best films I've seen on MUBI this year. A simple but emotional script, with 3 great actors; Peter Dinklage's performance is brilliantly touching. 'The Station Agent' is a little movie with a big heart; a cinematic gem which revealed itself to be a pleasant surprise.

7. callum mclaughlin's rating of the film The Station Agent

I kept eagerly anticipating for the friendship between Finbar, Olivia and Joe, to finally come together; to share those indie moments with them. Yet, those moments were brief, they passed by, and that frustrated me. Until I realised that maybe that's the point as their friendship is like a train that takes forever to come, then quickly passes by and even if I only witnessed it for a short part in the film, it was OK.

8. DJSE's rating of the film The Station Agent

9. Superfrog's rating of the film The Station Agent

2 for script, 4 for managing to make something palatable form non events

10. alimcintyre's rating of the film The Station Agent

Can't fault this charming movie

11. ant's rating of the film The Station Agent

12. Blanca Leon's rating of the film The Station Agent

Endearing. Beautifully real characters.

13. Alejandro's rating of the film The Station Agent

Simply beautiful and powerful.

14. ssolf's rating of the film The Station Agent

sleepy 90's/early noughties US indie at its best

15. Noëlle's rating of the film The Station Agent

16. Elisabeth's rating of the film The Station Agent

17. Al Green's rating of the film The Station Agent

I love this movie. Nothing much happens, but the characters play so well off each other. Dinklage is brilliant. I love the way that he's not allowed to be the introvert that he is because of his appearance, everyone wanting to comment or have a piece of him. Such a beautiful cast. I can't fault this film.......

18. Alex Mosey's rating of the film The Station Agent

A thoroughly nice watch. Thought I'd give it a go, mainly curious to see Peter Dinklage before his Game of Thrones fame, then found myself very much involved in the meandering, yet challenging, lives of the three main characters.

19. SiIencio's rating of the film The Station Agent

Marginal characters assembled around this rather odd story with a good-feel factor at the heart of it. But the experiment tries too hard to squeeze the value of friendship out of every single encounter, quite often twisting and manipulating, annoying, building up & cutting down, in the most anarchic fashion, emotional ties that McCarthy trades endlessly to disguise what otherwise is an awfully weak script.

20. tintinmugshot's rating of the film The Station Agent

Everything is going in a good and smooth way, good rhythm, but then in the last 10 or 15 minutes, you've got to hurry up because the tape is rolling and it's gonna end.

21. miles's rating of the film The Station Agent

I was hoping it went on for a bit more!

22. pluviosity's rating of the film The Station Agent

the pace is amazing. the movie is amazing.

23. jooley's rating of the film The Station Agent

Quietly offbeat and instantly endearing. I really liked how easily everything flowed in this film, the humor, the charm, the relationships between the characters, nothing was forced, but rather came about naturally and without unneeded fanfare.

24. James Mackin's rating of the film The Station Agent

Thomas McCarthy's first directed movie, this is pretty good, and also gave the world Peter Dinklage, so it's got that going for it.