1. samuele90's rating of the film The Stepford Wives

Lo sapete perché quando ci stanno film dove gli uomini vengono rappresentati come degli egoisti, disposti a sfregiare chiunque gli stia intorno per essere coccolati e assecondati nelle loro insicurezze e fantasie infantili, nessuno di noi si lamenta? Perché è vero.

2. LauraPalmer's rating of the film The Stepford Wives

3. msmichel's rating of the film The Stepford Wives

Ira Levin's pulp novel was spun into cinematic junk food gold with this surprisingly timely (both then and now) tale about strong, independent women falling victim to the patriarchy of the ruling class...men. The title has of course become a pop culture adjective describing trophy wives but the film still has some life in it. Katherine Ross and Paula Prentiss are both great here well supported all around.

4. Michael Peer's rating of the film The Stepford Wives

Never watch the remake again. These films have almost nothing in common. This original is genuinely thrilling and actually terrifying. The metaphor is disturbing and the film says more today than in '75. Keep an eye out for the stellar production design, costumes, and awesome sound design. It's funny to see how in this version the reveal wasn't show til the last 5 minutes, the remake revealed it af the end of act 1.

5. film_lies101's rating of the film The Stepford Wives

Chilling stuff. Ross & Prentiss make a great double act

6. Aardsy's rating of the film The Stepford Wives

A lukewarm ROSEMARY'S BABY.

7. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Stepford Wives

This is a great little horror film, that feels like an expanded TZ or Night Gallery ep. Ross is great, as is Prentiss, and their chemistry is contagious. Two very underappreciated actresses in their time. The utopian suburbia depicted is not unlike a less trashy Real Housewives ep full of cookie cutter bimbos. The ending was very depressing I thought. Just the vanilla world closing in on all concerned. Great. 4.5

8. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film The Stepford Wives

I watched this once as a teen years ago and wasn't that really thrilled from how it progressed until the last several minutes when the heroine discovers the secret behind her society, which I thought that was the only best & thrilling part of the film. Oh, well... only if I could give another watch, then I would rather be more pleased about it.

9. caprica_six's rating of the film The Stepford Wives

I know saying the book was better is cliche, but...

10. Fırat Ataç's rating of the film The Stepford Wives

''Come here Invasion of the Body Snatchers. We will be a great double feature!''

11. cherbourgdoll's rating of the film The Stepford Wives

i really love the atmosphere of this movie and it's constant sense of paranoia

12. salemsharp's rating of the film The Stepford Wives

I didn't feel this movie had a lot to say, and the last quarter was sort of all over the place, but my GOD the costume designs took me to heaven. The cinematography was really nice as well.

13. Genre films > French New Wave's rating of the film The Stepford Wives

It definitely got a lot better (that ending was fantastic and the reimagined Katharine Ross was creepy as hell), but it's never as good as it could be.

14. Mark's rating of the film The Stepford Wives

Bryan Forbes suffuses each frame with a sure sense of dread and paranoia. You can call it anything you want: Cult, Campy, Feminist or whatever. But watching Nannette Newman slowly and meticulously repeat the line "I'll just die if I don't get this recipe" as she stumbles her way through a hip pool party crowd, I couldn't help but be creeped out.

15. Pierluigi Puccini's rating of the film The Stepford Wives

Uneven attempt to reach the level of unsettling paranoia and commentary on women's lib against conservative/intrusive community of "Rosemary's baby" (based on a novel by the same author).

16. Oscar Hillerstrom's rating of the film The Stepford Wives

Just watched this classic again with my wife. 'What the hell?!' kept being repeated during the film. Scriptwriter William Goldman's best work.

17. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film The Stepford Wives

invasion of the rosemary snatchers!

18. Dzimas's rating of the film The Stepford Wives

Delicious take on Ira Levin's novel.

19. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film The Stepford Wives

Has some great atmosphere, but is unfortunately too slow and dry to really live up to its potential. Great performances, some nice satiric jabs at 70s American culture, and a few effective scenes that are unfortunately too few - the tension doesn't really pick up until towards the end, though it does have a strong ending. Still far superior to the completely misguided 2004 remake.