1. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

Truffaut made a film that I really loved. He doesn't mock Adele or her delusional quest to win the love of a pathetic man who had seduced her but never loved her. He presents her with a quiet respect. Whether or not her agenda was ever feasible, girl stuck to her goals! It's difficult not to root for that.

2. Ethan's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

Isabelle Adjani gives an incredible performance here that is very against type.

3. Teona Gal's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

I fell asleep twice (I was tired, not because of the film) so it's a temporary rating, until I rewatch those 3-4 lost minutes.

4. ionu's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

5. FISCHER's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

Truffaut est incapable d'insuffler le moindre sentiment de dérèglement passionnel... www.cinefiches.com

6. Duncan Gray's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

In which Truffaut tries his hand at an Ophuls film, complete with elegant tracking shots, an insanely devoted heroine, and a prat who barely reciprocates. The plot doesn't evolve much, but it does have a character—and what an actress to play her, even if Truffaut is better at capturing her constant frenzy than in getting under the surface. Truffaut was no Ophuls, but that's no disparagement. Ophuls was no Truffaut.

7. Giulia Martino's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

one of the best performance of Isabelle Adjani

8. Inconnue's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

9. Joel's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

Madness without much meaning for me. I love Isabelle, don't get me wrong, and she devours this role, but I found myself waiting out the running time.

10. Mahdi Karami's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

One of the best movies about the concept of love, which goes freely beyond the historical restrictions made by the laws of the genre. Truffaut is at his best in creating a beautiful and touching mise en scene which enhances the mood of the film. Isabelle Adjani gives one of her greatest performances in depicting a woman who is in mad, mad love.

11. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

7.1/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2kJ

12. AdrianM.'s rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

13. Cyril Schreiber's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

14. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

While psychologically light it's well conceived with a beautiful cinematography. Adele is a strong character suffering from an obsession that rips her sense of reality off and, considering the story timing and its dynamics, is completely unexpected to see how far she went. Truffaut's aesthetic works as a major pulling to engagement as it pleases our senses.

15. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

Desde "Jules y Jim" a "Dos inglesas y el continente", Truffaut ha mostrado su lado apasionado por el retrato de época, uno que se enlaza con el amor desde un perfil obsesionado. "El diario íntimo..." funciona bajo esa motivación. Una mujer que cruza los mares en busca de un amante; una sinopsis ideal de un libro del romanticismo. Mas ese es solo el principio. Como la literatura de Hugo, habrá una etapa realista.

16. mad.lucas's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

Love as self-destruction. Isabelle Adjani is impeccable as always.

17. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

L'amore è un sentimento e come tale può raggiungere vari livelli di intensità.Non è anormale che si trasformi in pazzia.Traffaut attraverso questa splendida donna decide di mostrarci una delle tante vie in cui l'amore può incanalarsi,ovvero la completa perdita di razionalità;é un film che fà quasi paura,perchè potrebbe succedere a chiunque.Scene magnifiche,protagonista maestosa,Traffaut da antologia,come sempre.

18. Dombl's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

A tragic story about a real amour fou. Adèle is crossing the ocean to pursue her love and to escape from her father. Astonishingly played by the lovely Isabelle Adjani.

19. Francesco Maria Carreri's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

such a great film, that scene where she is dressed like a man at night... nestor almendros was great, Truffaut knows how to direct a film

20. Mehdi Jahan's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

one of the best films i have seen on unrequited love...a powerhouse performance by the extremely beautiful Isabelle Adjani and full credit to her for making the disintegration of her character into a mental abyss of sorts believable...it was almost frustrating for me to see this beautiful lady destroying herself to gain the love of a man who does not deserve to receive love of such proportions....

21. Mark's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

Watch how Isabelle Adjani channels a woman gripped by the feverish constraints of obssessive love, employing everything in her arsenal from selfless acts of charity to cunning deceit only to alienate the man she loves. Even during her scenes of madness in the end, Ms. Adjani affects a sort of quiet dignity and nobility to it all. It is utterly poignant to behold and ultimately, heartbreaking.

22. Robert W Peabody III's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

The Story of Adele H. 1975 L'histoire d'Adèle H. DIR François Truffaut PSCR François Truffaut, Suzanne Schiffman, Jean Gruault, Jan Dawson, Frances Verner Guille, Adèle Hugo 96 Min Is there something obsessive about love, the constant act of overvaluation? 8/10 "NYT1915obit":http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=950DE4DE1338E633A25750C2A9629C946496D6CF

23. Quesera,sera's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

24. Lefteris Becerra's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

la puesta en escena es impecable, pero el amor ridículo que retrata... mejor solución la de kaurismäki en luces al atardecer