1. Feellikeanumber's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

2. bryanvmh's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

Some Ffautpas, but "She's the crazy ex-girlfriend." wut No I'm not. "She's the crazy ex-girlfriend." That's a sexist term. "She's the crazy ex-girlfriend." The situation's a lil more nuanced than that. "She's so broken inside!" It is a blessing and a curse that Adjani as Adele gets progressively more fabulous as she becomes increasingly overwhelmed by her passion: to walk on water & only dream you are drowning.

3. quiteemotional's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

4. Gia de Almeida's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

Best role I've ever seen Adjani in. Truffaut directed the hell out of something that, in the wrong hands, would have been a dull, melodramatic mess. Great costumes, sets, supporting cast. Nothing but love for this film.

5. Erik F.'s rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

6. Elena's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

7. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

Truffaut made a film that I really loved. He doesn't mock Adele or her delusional quest to win the love of a pathetic man who had seduced her but never loved her. He presents her with a quiet respect. Whether or not her agenda was ever feasible, girl stuck to her goals! It's difficult not to root for that.

8. Ethan's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

Isabelle Adjani gives an incredible performance here that is very against type.

9. Teona Gal's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

I fell asleep twice (I was tired, not because of the film) so it's a temporary rating, until I rewatch those 3-4 lost minutes.

10. ionu's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

11. FISCHER's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

Truffaut est incapable d'insuffler le moindre sentiment de dérèglement passionnel... www.cinefiches.com

12. Duncan Gray's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

In which Truffaut tries his hand at an Ophuls film, complete with elegant tracking shots, an insanely devoted heroine, and a prat who barely reciprocates. The plot doesn't evolve much, but it does have a character—and what an actress to play her, even if Truffaut is better at capturing her constant frenzy than in getting under the surface. Truffaut was no Ophuls, but that's no disparagement. Ophuls was no Truffaut.

13. Giulia Martino's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

one of the best performance of Isabelle Adjani

14. Inconnue's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

15. Joel's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

Madness without much meaning for me. I love Isabelle, don't get me wrong, and she devours this role, but I found myself waiting out the running time.

16. Mahdi Karami's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

One of the best movies about the concept of love, which goes freely beyond the historical restrictions made by the laws of the genre. Truffaut is at his best in creating a beautiful and touching mise en scene which enhances the mood of the film. Isabelle Adjani gives one of her greatest performances in depicting a woman who is in mad, mad love.

17. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

7.1/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2kJ

18. AdrianM.'s rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

19. Cyril Schreiber's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

20. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

While psychologically light it's well conceived with a beautiful cinematography. Adele is a strong character suffering from an obsession that rips her sense of reality off and, considering the story timing and its dynamics, is completely unexpected to see how far she went. Truffaut's aesthetic works as a major pulling to engagement as it pleases our senses.

21. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

Desde "Jules y Jim" a "Dos inglesas y el continente", Truffaut ha mostrado su lado apasionado por el retrato de época, uno que se enlaza con el amor desde un perfil obsesionado. "El diario íntimo..." funciona bajo esa motivación. Una mujer que cruza los mares en busca de un amante; una sinopsis ideal de un libro del romanticismo. Mas ese es solo el principio. Como la literatura de Hugo, habrá una etapa realista.

22. mad.lucas's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

Love as self-destruction. Isabelle Adjani is impeccable as always.

23. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

L'amore è un sentimento e come tale può raggiungere vari livelli di intensità.Non è anormale che si trasformi in pazzia.Traffaut attraverso questa splendida donna decide di mostrarci una delle tante vie in cui l'amore può incanalarsi,ovvero la completa perdita di razionalità;é un film che fà quasi paura,perchè potrebbe succedere a chiunque.Scene magnifiche,protagonista maestosa,Traffaut da antologia,come sempre.

24. Francesco Maria Carreri's rating of the film The Story of Adele H.

such a great film, that scene where she is dressed like a man at night... nestor almendros was great, Truffaut knows how to direct a film