1. ammar's rating of the film The Story of Marie and Julien

2. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film The Story of Marie and Julien

At first, jarring. But then it slowly becomes a beautiful statement about encountering the past and the intimacy of relationships. It is ambitious and risky and I don't think the film could have worked had it not been directed by Jacques Rivette, and the result is brilliant.

3. Laura Suffield's rating of the film The Story of Marie and Julien

It takes disappointingly long to get to the actual core of the plot, i.e. the supernatural element, although this is fairly well sign-posted beforehand. Having finally got there, the film takes off and is very good indeed. Beautiful colours and use of the autumn setting.

4. darth_david@msn.com's rating of the film The Story of Marie and Julien

Malísima. 150 minutos de querer dejar de verla. No me dijo nada.

5. Joaquín Font's rating of the film The Story of Marie and Julien

Hermosa. Un tipo de cine que exige, un cine que no es fácil ni menos agradable, sino más bien demandante, y sin embargo tras aquel pasaje de tedio, o quizá más bien en ese proceso hay otra belleza, una más vital, una más real.

6. Héctor Olguín's rating of the film The Story of Marie and Julien

Atmósferas que atrapan. Película sensual y con una peculiar dosis de suspenso. Excelentes las actuaciones, sobre todo la presencia de Emmanuelle Béart y el gato (nacido para actuar).

7. Max Seqgar's rating of the film The Story of Marie and Julien

Feels almost like a French "Solaris". Beautiful!

8. El Mau's rating of the film The Story of Marie and Julien

Es un poco larga, con la mitad hubiesen dicho lo mismo... pero las escenas donde se inventan historias son realmente sensuales... con un fantasma como Marie dejo de ser ateo...

9. rociof's rating of the film The Story of Marie and Julien

Una magnífica historia de amor peligroso y un fantasma con piernas de mujer. Recomendable.

10. Javier Armas's rating of the film The Story of Marie and Julien

Una bellísima historia de amor, la permanencia y desborde de éste, cómo delinea las relaciones, las mueve y las termina. Historia muy lograda, actuaciones memorables. Se queda para siempre entre las recordadas.

11. Mr. Dude_o_o's rating of the film The Story of Marie and Julien

Not well developed concepts. Too bad for a beautiful ending like that.

12. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film The Story of Marie and Julien

I think I love it. Amazing love making scenes, amazing ending, amazing cat. Julien playing with coins has Bencor written all over it.

13. andreeaylva's rating of the film The Story of Marie and Julien

Pretty. But annoyingly long and the idea of our communications with spirits deformed a bit too much. However, a worth watching, if you don`t mind the length.

14. Varcolac's rating of the film The Story of Marie and Julien

"Love Kills" If E.B. is the target...I would die for her.

15. Ian Vorley's rating of the film The Story of Marie and Julien

My 5th Rivette film and I'm officially a fan. If there was any more atmosphere we'd all be crushed under the sheer weight! Also: best film cat ever. Nevermore was the character, I believe, expertly played by little known character actor, Gaspard. Why is that forbidden gesture so creepy? I guess cos it's forbidden...

16. lina maj's rating of the film The Story of Marie and Julien

I really liked the blue room in the beginning, when Marie just started decluttering it. It reminded me in a way of Anne’s room from “Paris belongs to us” and the room Ida’s wanted to rent in the end of “Haut bas fragile” – a little bluish space with a sink in there.

17. Francisco R.'s rating of the film The Story of Marie and Julien

This was great. I love both Radziwilowicz for his powerful presence and Beárt for her passionate performance, especially in her intimate scenes. This is a beautiful ghost story, one of Rivette's best of his late period.

18. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film The Story of Marie and Julien

Like The Sixth Sense, use of the supernatural to explore themes of grief and solitude. The two characters are like shadows; one dead to the world, the other..? Unlike The Sixth Sense, muted bodies find expression in a carnal embrace. There's also the suggestion that each repetition of the death, the act of saying goodbye, is a new beginning, not just an end. Clocks are everywhere, reminding us of the dearth of time.

19. Ally the Manic Listmaker's rating of the film The Story of Marie and Julien

The French "Sixth Sense". I really need to make a Rivette list soon.

20. VENIMOS LOS JODIMOS Y NOS FUIMOS's rating of the film The Story of Marie and Julien

21. vincentbergerond@gmail.com's rating of the film The Story of Marie and Julien

It seems I am the biggest fans of all Rivette movies cinephiles don't like ! I am quite happy to share my deep enthusiasm about this movie, like Celine et Julie and Gang of Four, an identity problem WITHOUT New Wave Cinema much explored documentary attitude or flashy statements à la Godard. You need to make the picture on your own.

22. akujin's rating of the film The Story of Marie and Julien

I think most of Rivette-heads don't like this particularly, but I do. :P

23. Jose Sarmiento Hinojosa's rating of the film The Story of Marie and Julien

I don't know if calling it "the french sixth sense" makes any justice to this marvelous, haunting, erotic and mysterious film by master Rivette. The slow pace and intensity of the shared moments between Beart and Radziwilowicz is everything.