1. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film The Story of Qiu Ju

Un relato sobre la obstinación puesto en un personaje amoldado por el abrigo político y otro de una honorabilidad innata. Aquí el gran protagonista es esta última, una mujer quien "literalmente" defiende la virilidad de su esposo, postrado, casi castrado, por culpa de un conflicto que puso en jaque la virilidad de un humillado. Es decir, Yimou promueve a una mujer que decide resolver un problema de hombres. Ironía.

2. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Story of Qiu Ju

A director who manages, in his career, to shoot 'Qiu Ju' and 'Hero', two movies that can't be more stylistically different, is a Master. Highly recommended.

3. Setya Rahmah's rating of the film The Story of Qiu Ju

I just realize, a pregnant woman can be so promising. Superb unpredictable!

4. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film The Story of Qiu Ju

Few films relish this much in the material found culture they set camera's gaze on. Rohmer is said to have heaped an accurate record of minute change in casual appearance with a disguised nonchalance that hid his sartorial preoccupation. Here, despite the soured, officialdom-redeeming story which makes a pendant with the Douanier Rousseau, Brilliant Green botanical phantasmagoria that is Huo Jianqi’s “Postmen in the

5. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Story of Qiu Ju

Loved this at the time, hopefully it still holds up. I find that most of what impressed me in the early 90s now seems stodgy and academic (see the Three Colors trilogy).

6. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film The Story of Qiu Ju

7. Josel Garlitos's rating of the film The Story of Qiu Ju

watched this in film class. amazing! became a gong li fan there after

8. mannequinlegs's rating of the film The Story of Qiu Ju

i lived in one of the oldest cities of manchuria (and travelled to gong li's hometown frequently) years ago, and this film really captured so much of what i remember from that time and place. but most effective, was yimou's presentation of a certain mindset (well, mindsets, really), and despite the frustrations associated with that, i love having those memories caught on film.

9. JZENIA's rating of the film The Story of Qiu Ju

This is the very China I've ever seen during the whole staying there. It was just like China. I liked so much this film, this doesn't mean I like those aspect of China though.

10. bad_education's rating of the film The Story of Qiu Ju

great plot,unpredicatable,very affecting.

11. Nosada's rating of the film The Story of Qiu Ju

Solid movie, good story, and entertaining. But it didn't really grab me.

12. Aaken's rating of the film The Story of Qiu Ju

Great performance by Gong Li as the villager who's waging a hopeless fight against the system to defend her husband's honour.