1. uenus's rating of the film The Straight Story

Where do they come from? (bending down to touch the fatally wounded deer) He's dead. And I love deer.

2. Jugu Abraham's rating of the film The Straight Story

The best work of Lynch for me. Very good and intelligent use of helicopter and crane shots (Freddie Francis). Commendable performances by all. Hope it is widely seen. Production designer Jack Fisk designs good, credible cinema. Farnsworth ought to have won the Oscar he was nominated for.

3. Cyril Schreiber's rating of the film The Straight Story

4. Crina Cătălina's rating of the film The Straight Story

5. Alcock Hitchfred's rating of the film The Straight Story

A cute existential road trip. Not my fav Lynch film though.

6. nietzschicharonsky's rating of the film The Straight Story

7. Alex Mitici's rating of the film The Straight Story

8. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film The Straight Story

9. wiwitaek's rating of the film The Straight Story

Put an end to my journey through all of David Lynch's feature picture beautifully.

10. aikeart's rating of the film The Straight Story

Nothing New here. No more "Sión" things ¡God!

11. Log Lady's rating of the film The Straight Story

Quite an unusual achievement from Lynch and such a different path from his usual style. A warm and humanist story of a man who obstinately but calmly sets to do something that others don't necessarily understand. The incorporation of sounds (the wind, the engine of the lawnmower...) is actually very much Lynch, so maybe this is just the other side of the coin instead of being a completely different animal altogether.

12. Khach Glauberrocha's rating of the film The Straight Story

For those who doubted giving 5 stars.. Lynch, in his mid 50s, shoots a road movie on a real story with aged an old man hero in.. Meditation on existentialism, on life, values.. On another hand it's a simple structured movie, straight movie, yet another sign of a mature master overcoming obstacles on the way of absolute freedom of thinking and filmdirecting( Bertolucci- the Bieseged, Egoyan- with his latest works)..

13. DenoResandono's rating of the film The Straight Story

After watched a movie like Blue Velvet, Eraserhead, and Mulholland Drive, I never thought that David Lynch would team up with Walt Disney to make a normal (G-rated) movie with sense of humanity in it...

14. D.J. Devereux's rating of the film The Straight Story

If David Lynch, Terrence Malick and Wim Wenders all sat down and had a coffee & this coffee had a womb, this would be their lovechild. A perfect, warm and loving road movie, filled with philosophical undertones, but ahead of everything else. Has values and truth that reassures you that maybe humanity is not all that doomed. A simple story of a simple man on a not simple journey, Lynch's most transcendental film

15. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film The Straight Story

David Lynch's most accessible film. Not the best. Just the warmest.

16. Steve G.'s rating of the film The Straight Story

I'd like to see him try this on a Flymo.

17. panduabi's rating of the film The Straight Story

Lynch can make me cry...

18. Jim Fear's rating of the film The Straight Story

A simple film directed by a complex mind.

19. Operation Kino's rating of the film The Straight Story

Each scene is more predictable than the last. No film has ever sold me on the "charm" or "authenticity" of flyover states.

20. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Straight Story

When I think about this film, I remember the TV ads more than the picture itself.

21. MatTtTtTtT's rating of the film The Straight Story

I had certain connotations of what a Lynch movie was. So when the film started and it said "Walt Disney presents... a David Lynch film" it certainly had my attention. But it was a really heart-warming, and heart-breaking gentle film. David Lynch said this was his most experimental film, and I agree with him, this was him pushing the boundaries in a whole other direction we're used to with him.

22. SiIencio's rating of the film The Straight Story

We often underestimate the inspiring effect films of this kind can have on ourselves. But I am prepared to welcome kindly the warming message in this humbling tale, should you wish to look at it with a warming heart. The film connects at an emotional level simply because of the exceptional work of the late Richard Farnsworth, a fine actor who personifies like no other the pace and mood of this story.

23. Mr. Marston's rating of the film The Straight Story