1. FISCHER's rating of the film The Strange Affair of Uncle Harry

Humour noir et grinçant, à la limite de l'absurde et de la farce macabre, dans un film rare et bienvenu qui ne décevra pas les spectateurs exigeants et connaisseurs... www.cinefiches.com

2. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Strange Affair of Uncle Harry

I didn't know the end before seeing the film so it came as a complete surprise to me. To blame now Siodmak/the producers for not having had the courage to go against the Hays code is, in my opinion, a little bit silly and pretentious. The film's message is quite clear and this concession to American morals of the 40's doesn't bother me. Some current directors do a lot worse. Without censorship. Strongly recommended.

3. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film The Strange Affair of Uncle Harry

4. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film The Strange Affair of Uncle Harry

★★★ you can't always hide incest and sororicide with a clean ending.

5. oldfilmsflicker's rating of the film The Strange Affair of Uncle Harry

would be perfect if it weren't for that code ending

6. ZYNAB's rating of the film The Strange Affair of Uncle Harry

strange small town noir about a sister who has blatantly incestuous feelings for her brother and tries to break up his relationship with another woman. geraldine fitzgerald is pretty terrifying when she smiles. the slapped on code ending ruins it.

7. Christofer Pierson's rating of the film The Strange Affair of Uncle Harry

I suspect this is a prime example of the Hollywood Code going wildly wrong. Went from being a profoundly disturbing tragedy to a light entertainment in its final couple of minutes.