1. José Neves's rating of the film The Strange Affair of Uncle Harry

35mm. Sometimes Siodmak exudes the brilliant application of a film grammar guaranteed by an industrial establishment and finds objects of an exemplary magnificence, where this grammar crosses and intertwines in the one that revolutionized the German cinema of the 20's and with that the spectator's gaze. This is not the case, though as always, there are precise and precious moments.

2. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film The Strange Affair of Uncle Harry

3. Terry_Moby's rating of the film The Strange Affair of Uncle Harry

3.4 Everyone can see that this is a ridiculous ending... so let´s pretend we only dreamed it, the film is 78min long and we have another fine Siodmak work.

4. Louise_Dietrich's rating of the film The Strange Affair of Uncle Harry

5. FISCHER's rating of the film The Strange Affair of Uncle Harry

Humour noir et grinçant, à la limite de l'absurde et de la farce macabre, dans un film rare et bienvenu qui ne décevra pas les spectateurs exigeants et connaisseurs... www.cinefiches.com

6. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Strange Affair of Uncle Harry

I didn't know the end before seeing the film so it came as a complete surprise to me. To blame now Siodmak/the producers for not having had the courage to go against the Hays code is, in my opinion, a little bit silly and pretentious. The film's message is quite clear and this concession to American morals of the 40's doesn't bother me. Some current directors do a lot worse. Without censorship. Strongly recommended.

7. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film The Strange Affair of Uncle Harry

8. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film The Strange Affair of Uncle Harry

★★★ you can't always hide incest and sororicide with a clean ending.

9. oldfilmsflicker's rating of the film The Strange Affair of Uncle Harry

would be perfect if it weren't for that code ending

10. ZYNAB's rating of the film The Strange Affair of Uncle Harry

strange small town noir about a sister who has blatantly incestuous feelings for her brother and tries to break up his relationship with another woman. geraldine fitzgerald is pretty terrifying when she smiles. the slapped on code ending ruins it.

11. Christofer Pierson's rating of the film The Strange Affair of Uncle Harry

I suspect this is a prime example of the Hollywood Code going wildly wrong. Went from being a profoundly disturbing tragedy to a light entertainment in its final couple of minutes.