1. HAD!L's rating of the film The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears

2. Jamie Steele's rating of the film The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears

This film provides an original and fresh contribution to Belgian cinema. Its noirish aesthetic is captured through its deep metallic blues. I am accustomed to Belgian cinema's general 'social realist' aesthetic, but this offers something completely different. The ambiguous narrative is nightmarish, drawing on one's inner fears of unknown noises behind the walls.

3. DilettaAnselmi's rating of the film The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears

4. Mark Alexander Preston's rating of the film The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears

the directors have succeeded in making a movie that, just like giallo, is garbage

5. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears

6. Angus George Alexander Brown's rating of the film The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears

Stomach churning - this is gruesome and hypnotising. The "getting drunk" scene in particular is effective, but it does drag at points.

7. Steve G.'s rating of the film The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears

Yeah, I've seen some Italian films too, well done.

8. Saule Mickeviciute's rating of the film The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears

Target audience - people with knife, cutting and blood fetishes. Very repetitive visuals (knife cutting into skin) and sounds (once again - knife), to be frank I found it a bit dull to watch mainly for that reason and the story doesn't seem to develop much, I think it would work better a short film.

9. 'king Harold's rating of the film The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears

This is more about fetishism than Giallo and fetishism is so annoying the way it implies sophistication to those who indulge in it; a sort of 'ooh look at what we aren't afraid to admit to' kind of snobbery from people who are basically just a bit shy and boring with not much to offer in the way of conversation. Similarly this film...

10. mattywuh's rating of the film The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears

I'd definitely like to see a film where the directors collaborate with a screenwriter.

11. Benjamin Bland's rating of the film The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears

Visually stunning, but felt a bit too repetitive at points.

12. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears

Worth watching for it's rich visuals, but the story is highly incoherent.

13. Superfrog's rating of the film The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears

Graphical presentation is stunning, so it the camerawork with striking macro shot, crazy plans and all. But the themes, the story, the characters, and the incessant gore, while managing to sustain an opressive ambiance all the way through, left me uninterested. And I am always annoyed at physical violence and gore underpinning a film.

14. Stefan Drees's rating of the film The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears

The typical "giallo" vocabulary - sounds, camera movements und angles, colors, light, architectural details, music, visual metaphors - is used to create a enigmatic and somewhat experimental film full of innuendos. For my taste it's a little bit too stylized and aimless.

15. Tja's rating of the film The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears

If you enjoyed the apartment building antics of Single White Female, you may rate this higher than my three stars. The constricted (stylish?) camera work and art nouveau apartments make for a distinct account of psychotic murder amid false walls.

16. st aga's rating of the film The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears

I remember seeing this on the competitor Netflix (sorry) a while ago. This has a pretentious whiff to it, butcan't deny that it's imaginative, even quite captivatig at times. Sadly, the well crafted shots only remain abstract until the end, when they're all bluntly pieced together in a rather unremarkable psychoanalytic issue (man's mind ruined by witnessing ~~women's issues) explaining it all. A bit of a shame!

17. filmotrope's rating of the film The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears

A nightmarish, LSD-induced exercise of style clearly inspired by the Italian giallo, technically impeccable and gorgeous, although it offers little in terms of narrative (or anything else to keep us interested for too long) and is sexist to suggest that women corrupt men, driving them mad with desire and fatal obsession. http://www.filmotrope.com

18. samuele90's rating of the film The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears

Io non ho capito un cazzo. Ma proprio zero. Però visivamente è bello. E tanto sono scemo, quindi è proprio la mia condizione di base nella vita non capirci un cazzo: va bene che sia visivamente tanto ma tanto bello.

19. le Gars's rating of the film The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears

3,5 Cattet and Forzani go on with the sensual exploration of the inconscious. Amer was about the female desire, TSCOYBT explores the male schizophrenic subjectivity. The film is indebted with Argento (the dream logic of Inferno), Lynch (Inland Empire) and Satoshi Kon. It is not true that the narrative here is not important: on the contrary, it is as important as the visual aspect of the film.

20. Eric Rucker's rating of the film The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears

Sexist, pretentious ridiculousness that only the Francophone world could cook up. Not more or worse than the ridiculous of other cultures, just a particular flavoring that passes as haute cuisine. Give me a giallo any day of the week. This pap was arty without art and stylized without style. And the computerized color and color schemes: Ack! Amelie on speedballs.

21. naokoken's rating of the film The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears

"So you like mysterious phone calls?..." Some great symbolism and images, even if I have no idea what they mean. "Come closer. I am the one you are looking for." Laura Palmer is not the only Laura in town, and this one lives in your walls. "Your dark side is the most beautiful thing you possess and it will always belong to me. Sorry for your loss." Actual 1970's soundtrack to 2013 film. My first giallo?

22. JoeBradford's rating of the film The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears

More style than substance. Some interesting sequences and gorgeous set pieces, but ultimately lacking in the ability to keep me attentive.

23. jamesey's rating of the film The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears

I'm not totally sure what was going on, but my eyes were glued to the images. Sometimes I don't need to know what is happening. I get the general gist of the story and some eye candy. If I'm in the right mood, that's all I need.

24. muse_x's rating of the film The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears

Horse gets whipped, continually. But, I guess that's the point(?)

← Previous 1 3 4