1. Ana Sousa's rating of the film The Strange Little Cat

2. Viginti_tres's rating of the film The Strange Little Cat

Stunningly shot and impossibly orchestrated. Derives more wonder and tension from the most minute of domestic minutia than most movies do a spectacle.

3. Jason's rating of the film The Strange Little Cat

Hands down one of the finest debut features (barely a feature, granted) of recent memory. Baffling, almost, as such, considering Zürcher has such a command of form. Really the main ingredients for cinema as art: mise-en-scène + montage. A topology of good cutting as regards this movie would be easy. Not as easy would be to do adequate justice to the genius on display here re: locating events in and around the frame.

4. Kamran's rating of the film The Strange Little Cat

A film without narrative where motif itself becomes the object of monotony to ruminate upon. Jokes, melodies, objects, and even camera angles repeat in meticulously measured increments for the sake of form itself. 79/100 - Very Good. (3.5)

5. Gaurav Singhmar's rating of the film The Strange Little Cat

6. melis.'s rating of the film The Strange Little Cat

7. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film The Strange Little Cat

Looks like an adaptation of a Sims game by Chantal Akerman.

8. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Strange Little Cat

An interesting take on the Metamorphosis-- or not.

9. Chichago_'s rating of the film The Strange Little Cat

Visually stunning. I love the combination between indigo, red, orange and yellow in almost every scene.

10. Leco's rating of the film The Strange Little Cat

Wow, I wasn't expecting such beautiful cinematography! I loved the symmetry and the colors, and yes, such welcome disruptions of the expected that them kinda make you pursue them throughout the movie, working as a guideline, stimulating our curiosity, our senses. I wanted to say more than I'm allowed to on this review. But it's a great movie, if you have the patience to wait for dinner.

11. Scienceofphantoms's rating of the film The Strange Little Cat

The assumption is that this is a family, but, beyond the mother, there's no explicit relation given. Hardly any critical content comes out of this realization, although it allows the spirit of playfulness, underhanded but light, to stand in greater relief. Very busy, breezy film that depicts banality with very little melancholy (unique!). I would adore the film if it didn't feel so resolutely upper-bourgeois.

12. Sybille Meyer's rating of the film The Strange Little Cat

good concept. well staged, claustrophobic filmmaking tendencies adds tension to this close-up, family "drama"

13. ShawnD's rating of the film The Strange Little Cat

If one of your burning questions in life is to know what middle class Germans in the early 21st Century did on Saturday, fear not, that mystery is solved here. Can't see how to call this anything but an experimental film. It has no main character (the house, maybe?) and no narrative momentum. Which is not to say it's devoid of charm. There is some clever camera work and choreography but not nearly enough.

14. T Mills's rating of the film The Strange Little Cat

The little girl and the montages are all that breathe life into this film. Perhaps that's the point however it was ineffective in its portrayal of dysfunction, family, or the mundane. I would cast the little girl a thousand times. She's amazing.

15. Thomas Schroyer's rating of the film The Strange Little Cat

It did very little for me. The depth of characters were weak and the storyline was nonexistent.

16. Julian Towers's rating of the film The Strange Little Cat

17. 2multo's rating of the film The Strange Little Cat

Masterpiece! Everything that a great film should be: beguiling, intellectually ambiguous, entertainingly unique, and, of course, technically supreme.

18. ericafae's rating of the film The Strange Little Cat

super strange little film. lovely formalism to the framing, and rich, gorgeous colors. though apart from a minimalist style thread, i found little else to really care about. the girl is a treasure, yes... but for me there wasn't another character i felt drawn towards...

19. clara m's rating of the film The Strange Little Cat

certain parts reminded me of to the lighthouse? (the book idk abt the movie)

20. Lilliawithwind's rating of the film The Strange Little Cat

Absolutely stunning cinematography! Love that little girl. So curious, imaginative, confident and fearless. Is it true that children naturally carry a special spirit with them? There're so many details to read. I wonder where the sadness of the "mom" come from...

21. David R Williams's rating of the film The Strange Little Cat

...still not sure what to make of this or even if I liked or hated it. The minutiae of the mundane. A recording of family life with key bits left out so that motives are unclear and resolutions are uncertain. Everyone, including the cat, seem to be moving toward something but exactly what that is, we never know....nor I think do they.

22. muse_x's rating of the film The Strange Little Cat

Kitteh's fine. The family(?) not so much.

23. EdieEmm's rating of the film The Strange Little Cat

Terseness, in both structure and content, as constraint - a constraint that often seems to be imposed arbitrarily, unreasonably - becomes the vehicle for accentuating those things that strain. (Sounds beyond the frame, pressures under the surface...) An insightful film about boundaries (tenuous, contrived, sometimes desperate, always necessary) and the things/people/truths/elements of self we sacrifice to impose them

24. msmichel's rating of the film The Strange Little Cat

The mundaneness of family life and daily routine and our need to be connected with those around us is masterfully captured in this first feature from director Ramon Zurcher. Well conceived and captured the film traps us amongst a family apartment where three generations gather for a meal in a way in which most all can relate to. But the need for quiet reflection and solitary sits quiet like the cat behind the door.