1. Evan Schafer's rating of the film The Strangers

This beautifully woven thriller plays out just as you might think, and then turns everything you think is going on and flips it on you. Liv Tyler is a talented actress and proves this even further in a psychological power play. While the movie does not end in a particularly positive light, it makes room for a sequel (about to come out this year). Definitely see this one, as you will be very much edge-of-your-seat.

2. Rocco's rating of the film The Strangers

Why this is receiving so much retroactive praise these days I'll never understand. Generic. Dull. Dumb.

3. richardlawrn's rating of the film The Strangers

nice suspense and performances, but it's a shame the story doesn't go anywhere. (spoiler) just a whole lot of hunting and killing and then pfff... the end. who are those three anyway? I hate when I feel that I have wasted my time.

4. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film The Strangers

A pointless and suspenseless movie without any sense of self. Despite good acting and some decent staging of the events this is nothing more than an anemic rip off of Haneke´s Funny Games and french chiller Them. A complete waste of time that tries too hard and fails on every account.

5. vladimirbalt's rating of the film The Strangers

Creepy at moments but not that good.

6. João Portalegre's rating of the film The Strangers

it's so bad that I had to interpret the shit out of it to find out that, like tarantino flicks do with violence, it's about the audience's expectations on horror. it's not about that at all, though. it's just so bad that I had to make an excuse up so as to not feel as bad for having wasted time with it.

7. filmcapsule's rating of the film The Strangers

Not a terrible film, I suppose, but it becomes more and more clear as the film progresses that it has very little to offer visually, and even less on its mind. The low-key horror 2nd act is dull and repetitious, and the third act becomes unconvincingly nasty. It just turns miserable and doesn't sell the tone or offer anything in the way of counterpoint.

8. Jason's rating of the film The Strangers

What makes this the finest mainstream horror movie in recent memory is the systematic way it wraps genre around life. The world of this film is rare in genre cinema, because it is a world in which actual people appear to be living actual lives in media res. It is not possible to say enough about how deft this first act is. Are kids still watching home invasion movies together on acid? Youth is wasted on the young.

9. vordven's rating of the film The Strangers

10. André Pereira's rating of the film The Strangers

11. ionosonde's rating of the film The Strangers

a few good shots and tense scenes but overall just frustrating to watch due to the characters constantly making poor decisions only to create more tension

12. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film The Strangers

Nothing new or imaginative, just the usual suspenseful scares

13. HKFanatic's rating of the film The Strangers

I can applaud this deliberately paced home invasion thriller for its commitment to slow-building dread and frequent use of long camera takes. Still, watching 85 minutes of human suffering captured by handheld camera work makes you realize why Dr. Loomis was so central to "Halloween": by giving context to Michael Meyers' warpath, he lent that film's proceedings a mythic quality and thus imbued them with meaning.

14. JackButcher's rating of the film The Strangers

The writing of this film isn't the best, but I have to say it does create a very strong feeling of tension.

15. Rafael Zen's rating of the film The Strangers

This fucker made me sleepless for several nights. Damn people with masks in horror movie making!

16. Aymerik Martin Derome's rating of the film The Strangers

17. MAO1's rating of the film The Strangers

Sin el asesino con la bolsa como mascara, la película no es nada

18. f-nanda's rating of the film The Strangers

I like the way they didn't show the faces BUT that being said, I wish they didn't had put the names of the actors in the cast. It lost the mystery there.

19. sebekk's rating of the film The Strangers

The stranger danger scenario they probably didn't warn you about ...

20. Tiagojeff's rating of the film The Strangers

21. corpseprince's rating of the film The Strangers

Idea was good. Couldn't hold my attention though.

22. Fedrotti's rating of the film The Strangers

23. orangey's rating of the film The Strangers

at least saw and co know their artistic value........

24. MarcelVonPure's rating of the film The Strangers