1. Andre Flickatina's rating of the film The Stuff

quite outrageous, maybe even silly. Moriarty plays such a bizarre character, and the dialogue would stumble or be so awkward at times. I was entertained throughout.

2. Fabio Nosotti's rating of the film The Stuff

3. dave gunn's rating of the film The Stuff

A fun horror movie about consumerism. Excellent.

4. Amandenberg's rating of the film The Stuff

1980s body horror brilliance!

5. mjgildea's rating of the film The Stuff

The Stuff is total crap, but its ridiculously (that's the key word here) enjoyable and hilariously awful. From Michael Moriarty's Joe Buck lead character to Paul Sorvino's Jack D. Ripper with extra chromosomes, I kept waiting for a hint of an indication that I was being screwed with and Larry Cohen never lets the audience off the hook. Utterly stupid and utterly fun.

6. Marcus Killerby's rating of the film The Stuff

About half of this film is really great. The other half, mostly in the final act, is racist and hypocritical. I don't think it's intentionally either, but it is ultimately both. In terms of hypocricy, it sets itself up as a scathing satire of all things American (although particularly advertising, big business and consumerism) and then has a commie hating army save the day. This is where it also gets racist...

7. Tom Barnard's rating of the film The Stuff

I don't think it works as either a horror film or a satire, and gets lost in the conceits of both. Still, pretty fun, if not horribly horrible.

8. Movie Blabber's rating of the film The Stuff

Lackluster horror movie, though it does have a pretty good concept and setup.

9. TheotherJones's rating of the film The Stuff

Someone needs to remake this so the premise isn't wasted.

10. Bijoux Alexanderplatz's rating of the film The Stuff

Over the last two weeks I've watched the entire Kingdom mini-series; Umberto D.; America, America; Rashomon; and three Tarkovsky films: I needed to watch The Stuff more than the people in the movie wanted to eat the stuff. Sure it has a message, but the fun, totally '80s, film was a perfectly great stormy night escape.

11. OwainCai's rating of the film The Stuff

A very silly, enjoyable satirical horror film from the 80s

12. Cbarky99's rating of the film The Stuff

Horror-Satire from the 1980s about killer food that feels oddly contemporary--(it would make an interesting double bill with Robert Kenner's FOOD, INC for instance)--in that sense, the third act takedown of the company making the stuff, while sort of contrived, is a lot of fun and genuinely cathartic. Special mention goes to Danny Aiello's character's dog, who makes the most of limited screentime.

13. Stephen Campbell's rating of the film The Stuff

Only the B movie Genius could pull this off a silly horror film with a serious message