1. FISCHER's rating of the film The Suitor

Une réussite totale, entre comique d'observation et finesse du sourire... www.cinefiches.com

2. -REM-'s rating of the film The Suitor

3. Muraki's rating of the film The Suitor

A classic French black comedy. I couldn't decide wether the end was a happy one or a very sad one.

4. James Mackin's rating of the film The Suitor

Pierre Etaix does Buster Keaton. Basically a silent film made in the 60s.

5. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Suitor

4.5 stars. Hilarious Keaton-esque comedy.

6. Giulia Galbarini's rating of the film The Suitor

A tribute to Buster Keaton, lovely!

7. El Biffo's rating of the film The Suitor

Dating dont's. In the style of Keaton and Tati, a tasteful French comedie for people who don't like comedies.

8. Cole Caudle's rating of the film The Suitor

Etaix has become one my favourite filmmakers. The wit, grace, and beauty of his style absolutely floors me.

9. RITA's rating of the film The Suitor

It would be amazing if MUBI would make availabe all Pierre Étaix's films, this is clearly Étaix's year! If anyone could tell me where to find his movies online I would very much appreciate it, although I'm still hopeful that the box set that has been released by Arte will eventually be edited in my country :)

10. Matthew_Lucas's rating of the film The Suitor

Originally designed to be a series of short films inspired by Laurel and Hardy, Pierre Etaix's first feature is actually more of an homage to Buster Keaton, in which Etaix plays a stone faced young man seeking a wife in all the wrong places, while his true love is right under his nose all along. Etaix's use of sound as comedy is quite striking, and the resulting film is an inspired and charming slapstick romp.

11. Justin Senkbile's rating of the film The Suitor