1. lIZUKA's rating of the film The Sunset Limited

The black is white and the white is black.

2. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film The Sunset Limited

Un intrigante testo teatrale dignitosamente girato da Tommy Lee Jones senza fronzoli o scelte accomodanti per il pubblico. Il film null'altro è che una grigia conversazione tra Bianco e Nero, dove la parte più interessante sta nell'essere spettatori e schierarsi inevitabilmente da uno dei due lati del dibattito, entrambi solidamente sorretti dalle convincenti prove recitative dei protagonisti. Puro cinema dialogico.

3. Steve Pulaski's rating of the film The Sunset Limited

A nihilist's loquacious wet-dream.

4. speedball's rating of the film The Sunset Limited

5. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film The Sunset Limited

This is a very much demanding, ambitious stage play about human, existential issues. Mankind, religion, god, salvation, death & suicide. About why we are here, what we do & why we do what we do. A professor and an ex-convict talk -actually they talk fight- at eye level (!) in a very much intellectual way about these things. Extremely exhausting & demanding; not everybody's piece of cake.

6. Jim Fear's rating of the film The Sunset Limited

There were snakes on the mothafuckin' plane! Where is your God now?

7. Zach Closs's rating of the film The Sunset Limited

It's almost always impossible not to take sides in arguments of faith, particularly when they're sustained to this vehement degree -- and yet, I walked away from the film truly admiring and sympathizing with both men. Not something I expected. Powerful work here, particularly from Sam Jackson. "Why can't you give me the words, if you can give them to him?"

8. Florencja Bandini's rating of the film The Sunset Limited

9. lndah's rating of the film The Sunset Limited

Words and language are man's creation, what did you expect? What a seemingly intelligent way to ruin my night. No wonder this is the ultimate nihilist favorite.

10. Carl Penguin's rating of the film The Sunset Limited

11. n/a's rating of the film The Sunset Limited

A chamber piece with a dialogue of dualities between Black and White, on subjects that everyone knows about between two people that we know little to nothing about; about good and evil, about belief and knowledge, about reasons to live and reasons to die, and all of this at the same time. [cont'd]

12. ugur's rating of the film The Sunset Limited

13. Joks's rating of the film The Sunset Limited

Quite good, but i read Jones' character as being a little more aggressive and belligerant in McCarthy's play. Guess that was just my interpretation.

14. gropitse's rating of the film The Sunset Limited

So many times dialogues in movies seem so unnatural or synthetic. However, this one is the example of a really interesting and smart writing.

15. Elayla's rating of the film The Sunset Limited

Probably would have liked this more on paper. I really need to read the play. It had the kind of dialogue one prefers over the sweet nothings of everyday life, but so intense that one shouldn't have it too often. White is actually black and Black is actually white, but at the very end, when White says 'thank you', he becomes lighted again, while Black is left with doubt and just a touch of darkness.

16. criminalmovies's rating of the film The Sunset Limited

adapted from a play and it feels like a play. Tommy Lee Jones and Samuel Jackson debate over suicide. Probably wouldn't have worked with lesser actors, but I really enjoyed watching them interact.

17. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film The Sunset Limited

"The one thing I won't give up is giving up." "You give up the world line by line. You become an accomplice to your own annihilation." "Who would want this nightmare but for fear of the next?"

18. Aurora's rating of the film The Sunset Limited

Strong! This beats Hitchcock's 'Rope' with a complete scene in a small place. Can't do something bigger with the camera, you need to have goddamn script and actors, like this two.

19. lbaia's rating of the film The Sunset Limited

You have a Cormac McCarthy's dialogue about existence, redemption and religion, you have two of the finest actors of their generation, you have Tommy Lee Jones constrainted, incisive and claustrophobic camera. It has everything to be good. And it is!

20. Tõnis Jürgens's rating of the film The Sunset Limited

The obvious difficulties of directing a truly captivating, non-sleep-inducing film about two men sitting at a table and talking for 1,5 hours are often quite prevalent. Jones deliberately refrains from fancy film-tricks, and puts the focus on the dialogue, as it must've been with the live theatre play. In this sense, Jones probably doesn't add much to the play's original form. But the text itself makes it worthwhile.

21. Tigrão's rating of the film The Sunset Limited

Amazing. There's a tension throughout the whole play that's really compelling. Great acting.

22. Noiresque's rating of the film The Sunset Limited

Tommy Lee Jones gave his daughter the middle name of Kafka. It's all starting to make sense. In any case, I never minded filmed plays, and as far as this one goes, it is eminently cinematic. Television is the perfect medium for this kind of drama, and kudos to TLJ and the excellent Samuel L. Jackson for their great example.

23. Superfly's rating of the film The Sunset Limited

24. Wortzik's rating of the film The Sunset Limited

White: "Banish the fear of death from men's hearts and they would not live a day."