1. AnnalieseVevo's rating of the film The Sweet Hereafter

2. nematomaranka's rating of the film The Sweet Hereafter

so many chracters and they are all well developed, put in together with precision. to answer one question: whos fault is our troubles? smooth horror in the atsmoshere.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film The Sweet Hereafter

Aussi remarquable que le roman... www.cinefiches.com

4. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Sweet Hereafter

5. James Mackin's rating of the film The Sweet Hereafter

A very good film about how one incident can shatter the visage that is sweet suburbia. And it's in BC too, which is nice.

6. chryzsh's rating of the film The Sweet Hereafter

7. João Rocha's rating of the film The Sweet Hereafter

I really enjoyed Gabrielle Rose (Dolores)

8. bodhishin's rating of the film The Sweet Hereafter

Dark subjects, but also a very felt and moving film. Incredible performance by Sarah Polley.

9. EYELASHMITE's rating of the film The Sweet Hereafter

pretty good adaptation. stand alone - good 4.1 "do you think he'll let us keep the computer?"

10. henk@loftmatic.com's rating of the film The Sweet Hereafter

Final score: 7. Storyline: 8, Originality: 7, Cinematography: 7, Involvement: 7, Music: 6, Editing: 7, Educational: 7, Title design: 7, Acting: 6, Interesting: 6, Unusual: 6, Exciting: 6, Superior: 6

11. dave gunn's rating of the film The Sweet Hereafter

An interesting story probably better off left as a book. The bus accident scene was horrifying. The lawyer was a confusing and despicable character.

12. Zach Closs's rating of the film The Sweet Hereafter

Egoyan's most accomplished artistic achievement; the subtleties here are mesmerizing. A film this patiently paced and underplayed has no business being so gripping. Ian Holm, Sarah Polley and particularly Bruce Greenwood round out a powerful cast full of career-best performances.

13. A. Felix's rating of the film The Sweet Hereafter

The amount of "daddies" in this movie is a bit unsettling. Nevermind the candles...

14. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film The Sweet Hereafter

Because we've all lost our children. They're dead to us. They're killing each other in the streets. They wander, comatose...shopping malls. Something terrible has happened. It's taken our children away. It's too late. They're gone.

15. J. O.'s rating of the film The Sweet Hereafter

One of the most elegant, beautiful, and devastatingly tragic Canadian films of all time. Atom Egoyan (quite frankly, a very overrated filmmaker) has crafted his finest work, a story following a tragedy in a small community in British Columbia. What makes this so haunting is how simple and authentic everything is - the performances enabling such realism. A meditation on family, community, grief, and virtue.

16. sandracine's rating of the film The Sweet Hereafter

Saw this recently. Sarah Polley is a standout. Love her rendition of The Tragically Hip's "Courage". Was the film pretentious? Does it have its "head up its ass"? I dunno. Some of the reviews/comments I read on this site are pretty snooty and condescending (& pretentious), I can't say I enjoyed it; the story was too upsetting to "enjoy", but it was well-done and it has stayed with me.

17. Django's rating of the film The Sweet Hereafter

The quintessence of sorrow beautifully crafted

18. In An Expression Of The Inexpressible's rating of the film The Sweet Hereafter

19. SALESK's rating of the film The Sweet Hereafter

Imagine if the tragedies of Fargo were played with a straight face, it might give you an idea of The Sweet Hereafter, a film that has no qualms showing you people in terrible situations who may or may not be terrible people themselves...or maybe that distinction is irrelevant. Sarah Polley is something else in this.

20. souljacker's rating of the film The Sweet Hereafter

So, what is so great about this movie?

21. CANNED LUCIDITY's rating of the film The Sweet Hereafter

Atom Egoyan has cemented his place as one of my favorite non-linear storytellers. The narrative of this films unfolds in such a perfect way. The scenes on the flight are outstanding. Would make a neat double feature with Ang Lee's 'The Ice Storm'.

22. AntioneOscar69's rating of the film The Sweet Hereafter

This film is a masterpiece. A stunningly heartfelt look at loss and grief, with an excellent cast, Holm and Polley especially deserving Oscar nominations.

23. REH1101's rating of the film The Sweet Hereafter

I found the style by which the narrative unfolds to be interesting, and there are some very tasteful shots of the British-Columbian mountains, but the movie is just way too goofy without meaning to be. It often feels like a Hallmark movie of the week, with characters who come off so cheesy that the film could be presented as a homage to Twin Peaks. Can't say I understand the acclaim this film has received.

24. Dzimas's rating of the film The Sweet Hereafter

The more I think about this movie, the more I like it. Egoyan always had a way of getting under your skin, but here he really reaches deep and pulls up some very strong emotions.