1. Rocco's rating of the film The Sword in the Stone

Definitely a lesser Disney effort with an overabundance of animal action. The fish episode is the weakest, while the squirrel scene is a good deal better and the Wizard's duel is the best of all and one of the most entertaining scenes in the Disney canon. Madame Mim is a hoot and the film has an undeniable charm, even if its a bit of a slog at 79 minutes.

2. Jackson Staninger's rating of the film The Sword in the Stone

Even Walt Disney didn't like this one......

3. anacecil's rating of the film The Sword in the Stone

4. Samuel Righi's rating of the film The Sword in the Stone

5. xrystyna's rating of the film The Sword in the Stone

i really have a soft spot for this "regular" disney cartoon. and i really wonder why

6. iva's rating of the film The Sword in the Stone

extremely fun but small comments from Merlin's character made this seem like a persuasive essay on the benefits of colonialism & modernity (founded by capital)...

7. hamsa's rating of the film The Sword in the Stone

8. Zac Weber's rating of the film The Sword in the Stone

I wore this VHS tape out, and I always imagined I could have easily pulled the sword out—no problem. This is an excellent, easy to digest novel-to-film animation, and Merlin's pet owl Archimedes is one of my favorite Disney characters ever.

9. T-Cruise's rating of the film The Sword in the Stone

10. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film The Sword in the Stone

A complete misfire from start to finish.

11. Star Lord's rating of the film The Sword in the Stone

La spada nella roccia. Senza dubbio uno dei migliori classici Disney.

12. taniaburrito's rating of the film The Sword in the Stone

13. msmichel's rating of the film The Sword in the Stone

Another middling seventies effort from the Mouse House that doesn't stand up to much scrutiny with modern eyes. Main problem is pacing and story development which considering the subject matter shouldn't have been too much of a challenge. Memorable for the great Merlin and Madam Mim wizard duel though.

14. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film The Sword in the Stone

Another all-time childhood favorite from Disney, I've always enjoyed watching the incredible adventures of Arthur & Merlin filled with magic, laughter, adventure, and courage. Bruns' score is magnificent to listen to (especially the songs) and the animation is fantastic to watch as well the story is nicely told. Archimedes and the wolf are really hilarious characters to watch, too.

15. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Sword in the Stone

Another Disney childhood favorite that doesn't hold up particularly well.

16. Lorena Brandão's rating of the film The Sword in the Stone

17. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film The Sword in the Stone

Merlin and Wart have a big argument and when Merlin returns is like nothing happend. I guess that's how friends fight.

18. Daniel Roque's rating of the film The Sword in the Stone

Merlin and Madam Mim magic fight is still one of my favourite scenes ever, probably one of the reasons I'm into Animation now.

19. Erdiawan's rating of the film The Sword in the Stone

The best part about this film is the squirrel sequence.

20. Algitya's rating of the film The Sword in the Stone

21. taianaburlamaqui@hotmail.com's rating of the film The Sword in the Stone

"I haaaaate sunshine! I hate horrible, wholesome sunshine! I hate it! I hate it! I hate, hate, hate...! "

22. AKFilmFan's rating of the film The Sword in the Stone

While endlessly talky with an abrupt ending, this delightful film benefits from the transformation scenes and the climatic duel.

23. Koalacanth's rating of the film The Sword in the Stone

24. Maximilian XXI's rating of the film The Sword in the Stone

Disney's quiet little masterpiece.