1. Daniel's rating of the film The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

The ending left me crushed. Dang do I love this one.

2. Gema's rating of the film The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

The most deeply beautiful tale ever.

3. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

3-4. Lavishly evocative, simple story of a free-spirited woman connected with nature doomed by the system she inhabits.

4. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

5. Stefano De Putti's rating of the film The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

Bellissima la prima ora, carino il finale

6. Linda's rating of the film The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

7. Luiza Tavares's rating of the film The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

8. Maoolina Fajrini's rating of the film The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

simply aesthetic. as expected from Mr. Isao! as the tale itself, it was surprising me that Princess Kaguya has already set feminist movement from a long time ago

9. knockkneed's rating of the film The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

10. sofiazelaya's rating of the film The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

la parte del medio es un poco innecesariamente larga pero creo que nunca había visto una película con una narrativa tan bien hecha. me dejó pa'dentro

11. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

12. Ana Patrícia's rating of the film The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

13. Reynaldo Goulart's rating of the film The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

14. Joana China's rating of the film The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

15. Tatami's rating of the film The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

I was pleasantly surprised with this one. The drawings are beautiful and a perfect fit for the story. The animation isn't necessarily very fluid but it does have great moments. I'm not sure how accurately it follows the original story and I do have my problems with it: the first third is good but the middle isn't quite as interesting. Thankfully the film ends on a high note.

16. ermete polpette's rating of the film The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

17. Trunfos's rating of the film The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

18. Catarina Andrade's rating of the film The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

One of the most beautiful things I've seen in a while. This princess guides us from laughter to tears. Each scene is a mesmerizing drawing that dwells in our imagination. I suppose I cannot give it the 5 stars it deserves due to the weight it leaves us with.

19. Marina C.'s rating of the film The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

Beautiful in every sense - how touching the story and the depth of the characters being given by the brushstrokes. The moment Kaguya dreams of running away is simply a marvelous feat of illustration, so dramatic and profound!

20. Rodrigues Costa's rating of the film The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

masterpiece; expect to be reborn.

21. Valentin Alexandru's rating of the film The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

22. Miguel Condeça's rating of the film The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

23. All Is Grace's rating of the film The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

24. Babak Geranfar's rating of the film The Tale of the Princess Kaguya

Pure two and half hour of joy to watch of Kon Ishikawa`s "Princess from the Moon" (Taketori Monogatari) by the veteran Isao Takhata shatters the myth of impossibility of remakes; every frame of The Tale of Princess Kaguya (Kaguya-hime no Monogatari) is a true masterpiece and that damn final scene when princess is summoned to the moon to that cloudy ship makes you weep like a 5 years old. Missed Toshiro Mifune?