1. Luiza Tavares's rating of the film The Tale of Princess Kaguya

2. Maoolina Fajrini's rating of the film The Tale of Princess Kaguya

simply aesthetic. as expected from Mr. Isao! as the tale itself, it was surprising me that Princess Kaguya has already set feminist movement from a long time ago

3. knockkneed's rating of the film The Tale of Princess Kaguya

4. sofiazelaya's rating of the film The Tale of Princess Kaguya

la parte del medio es un poco innecesariamente larga pero creo que nunca había visto una película con una narrativa tan bien hecha. me dejó pa'dentro

5. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film The Tale of Princess Kaguya

6. Ana Patrícia's rating of the film The Tale of Princess Kaguya

7. Reynaldo Goulart's rating of the film The Tale of Princess Kaguya

8. Joana China's rating of the film The Tale of Princess Kaguya

9. Tatami's rating of the film The Tale of Princess Kaguya

I was pleasantly surprised with this one. The drawings are beautiful and a perfect fit for the story. The animation isn't necessarily very fluid but it does have great moments. I'm not sure how accurately it follows the original story and I do have my problems with it: the first third is good but the middle isn't quite as interesting. Thankfully the film ends on a high note.

10. ermete polpette's rating of the film The Tale of Princess Kaguya

11. Trunfos's rating of the film The Tale of Princess Kaguya

12. Catarina Andrade's rating of the film The Tale of Princess Kaguya

One of the most beautiful things I've seen in a while. This princess guides us from laughter to tears. Each scene is a mesmerizing drawing that dwells in our imagination. I suppose I cannot give it the 5 stars it deserves due to the weight it leaves us with.

13. Marina C.'s rating of the film The Tale of Princess Kaguya

Beautiful in every sense - how touching the story and the depth of the characters being given by the brushstrokes. The moment Kaguya dreams of running away is simply a marvelous feat of illustration, so dramatic and profound!

14. Rodrigues Costa's rating of the film The Tale of Princess Kaguya

masterpiece; expect to be reborn.

15. Valentin Alexandru's rating of the film The Tale of Princess Kaguya

16. Miguel Condeça's rating of the film The Tale of Princess Kaguya

17. All Is Grace's rating of the film The Tale of Princess Kaguya

18. Babak Geranfar's rating of the film The Tale of Princess Kaguya

Pure two and half hour of joy to watch of Kon Ishikawa`s "Princess from the Moon" (Taketori Monogatari) by the veteran Isao Takhata shatters the myth of impossibility of remakes; every frame of The Tale of Princess Kaguya (Kaguya-hime no Monogatari) is a true masterpiece and that damn final scene when princess is summoned to the moon to that cloudy ship makes you weep like a 5 years old. Missed Toshiro Mifune?

19. Mr Ton Ton's rating of the film The Tale of Princess Kaguya

Isao Takahata is a definition of perfection

20. Bryan Hickman's rating of the film The Tale of Princess Kaguya

The frayed white edges of the frames where the animators let the characters move in and out of their sketches as though their fantastical existences cannot be contained or explained by the pretty things on screen are great. Kaguya, like a lot of great Ghibli, is filled with things that I saw and felt, "Why don't they do this in every animated movie?"

21. qw0aszx's rating of the film The Tale of Princess Kaguya

Possibly the best Ghibli film ever.

22. Diogo Castro's rating of the film The Tale of Princess Kaguya

A liberdade das cerejeiras em flor, pétala a pétala caindo em graça. Mercê da primavera ou da nobreza de poder ser fruto, princesa e poder. Vontade, desejo e toda a cobiça, ganância e querer lançada na posse, o poder ter. A lua brilha na mesma frequência que do bambú brota: A fonte, a casa, a terra branca.. Luz! A pureza da mundanidade. A lua: o refúgio e a prisão.

23. Angus George Alexander Brown's rating of the film The Tale of Princess Kaguya

The last half an hour drags and really could be cut - on top of that some of the dialogue is shallow and awkward. Despite that, the music is powerful and hypnotic, the animation (every single frame) is a delight and some scenes are actually a perfect combination of the two.

24. John Woodall's rating of the film The Tale of Princess Kaguya

Absolutely beautiful animation, but the story and characters lacked the charm that I've come to expect from this director and studio. Still many great moments, especially the ending.