1. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

3. gabi gabi gabi's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

4. JasonAv's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

5. Charlotte Normand's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

6. anacecil's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

Muy buena !!!! Una obra de suspenso !!! Un final inesperado. Muy buena actuación !!!

7. Samuel Righi's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

8. Tom Hemingway's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

With a narrative that doesn't validate the film's running time, and strange tonal shifts from a breezy vacation drama, through to an illicit romance, and eventually an investigative thriller, Minghella's film struggles to find it's footing. What it does have is a brilliant central performance from Matt Damon and great location shooting. Refreshing in an age where most Matt Damon films now cost $100 + million to make.

9. sizelando's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

Stylish, engrossing character study with top notch cast.

10. Paul Relf's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

Thought Jude Law and Cate Blanchett were excellent. The rest not so much. The book is WAAY better.

11. katiestgeorge@gmail.com's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

Spooky, spoo-key. Matt Damon's best... when he gets rumbled singing in Dickie's clothes.

12. alimcintyre's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

A chilling portrayal of madness and how psychopaths appear normal most of the time. The film lost its way in the middle but the ending was great, if predictable.

13. Marie Proffit's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

14. George Khayat's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

Very well cast - Damon is a kalediscope, Law seductive, Paltrow a fragile joy, Blanchett like ivory, and Hoffman deliciously Ivy League. Beautifully, beautifully shot by Minghella.

15. tube_screamer's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

Great cast. Great locations. I've seen this film a few times and still find myself enjoying it on each viewing.

16. Reyna's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

The cast is good but the scenario is a bit ordinary...

17. baba lola's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

18. Pebzey's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

I am unsure of how I can put this film in to words. To be honest I was emotionally scarred after my first time watching it to the point I didn't watch it again until years later. Matt Damon plays an extremely intelligent sociopath, one that is not to be taken a fool. The twists and turns of this story can be confusing at first, (it was for me anyhow.) But in the end, this screenplay adapted from the book, is genius.

19. Mariana Duarte's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

More compelling than Plein Soleil I'd say due to the homoerotic under(and over)tones, and beautiful performances all around. Matt Damon and Jude Law share great chemistry and are electrifying onscreen together.

20. Alejandro's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

Thrilling! Casting and performances incredibly good, also beautifully set!

21. gramsci13's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

an enjoyable multi layered psychological thriller

22. nickolia's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

I've happily watched this film 5 times already and I look forward to re-watching it another 20.

23. Stefan Drees's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

Minghell's film is far better than René Clément's "Plein Soleil" from 1960. Mat Damon gives an exceptional character study of Tom Ripley, especially when he learns to copy Dickie Greenleaf step by step. Also great is the idea to introduce a second female main character (which can't be found in Highsmith’s novel) as means to create some tense situations and the climax at the opera house.

24. Nathanielll's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley