1. Adam GR's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

Like a silk scarf knotting around your neck, courtesy of Patricia Highsmith. Quintessential Minghella. Matt Damon and Jude Law share a steamy bath scene.

2. Louis Léonard's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

What the hell is Miles Davis’ Tutu doing is the background ?!? (i.e. : the film is set in the 50's but Tutu only came out in 1986.)

3. carlosleite's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

"I always thought it'd be better to be a fake somebody, than a real nobody" - Good movie Mr. Ripley

4. Louis Robert's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

Matt Damon playing Ripley struggling to impersonate 2 characters at the same time is a work of art.

5. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

6. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

7. gabi gabi gabi's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

8. INZER's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

9. Charlotte Normand's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

10. anacecil's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

Muy buena !!!! Una obra de suspenso !!! Un final inesperado. Muy buena actuación !!!

11. Samuel Righi's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

12. Tom Hemingway's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

With a narrative that doesn't validate the film's running time, and strange tonal shifts from a breezy vacation drama, through to an illicit romance, and eventually an investigative thriller, Minghella's film struggles to find it's footing. What it does have is a brilliant central performance from Matt Damon and great location shooting. Refreshing in an age where most Matt Damon films now cost $100 + million to make.

13. sizelando's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

Stylish, engrossing character study with top notch cast.

14. Paul Relf's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

Thought Jude Law and Cate Blanchett were excellent. The rest not so much. The book is WAAY better.

15. katiestgeorge@gmail.com's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

Spooky, spoo-key. Matt Damon's best... when he gets rumbled singing in Dickie's clothes.

16. alimcintyre's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

A chilling portrayal of madness and how psychopaths appear normal most of the time. The film lost its way in the middle but the ending was great, if predictable.

17. Marie Proffit's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

18. George Khayat's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

Very well cast - Damon is a kalediscope, Law seductive, Paltrow a fragile joy, Blanchett like ivory, and Hoffman deliciously Ivy League. Beautifully, beautifully shot by Minghella.

19. tube_screamer's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

Great cast. Great locations. I've seen this film a few times and still find myself enjoying it on each viewing.

20. Reyna's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

The cast is good but the scenario is a bit ordinary...

21. baba lola's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

22. Pebzey's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

I am unsure of how I can put this film in to words. To be honest I was emotionally scarred after my first time watching it to the point I didn't watch it again until years later. Matt Damon plays an extremely intelligent sociopath, one that is not to be taken a fool. The twists and turns of this story can be confusing at first, (it was for me anyhow.) But in the end, this screenplay adapted from the book, is genius.

23. Mariana Duarte's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

More compelling than Plein Soleil I'd say due to the homoerotic under(and over)tones, and beautiful performances all around. Matt Damon and Jude Law share great chemistry and are electrifying onscreen together.

24. Alejandro's rating of the film The Talented Mr. Ripley

Thrilling! Casting and performances incredibly good, also beautifully set!

← Previous 1 3 4