1. FISCHER's rating of the film The Tall Blond Man with One Black Shoe

Divertissement sympathique qui cherche à faire rire intelligemment le spectateur parvenant souvent à atteindre son enviable but. Entre le meilleur et le pire, sans trop faire la fine bouche, cela se regarde pour la drôle de prestation de Pierre Richard, totalement dépassé par les événements qui l'assaillent... www.cinefiches.com

2. RockFuzzEleven's rating of the film The Tall Blond Man with One Black Shoe

This movie makes me feel more calm about the dead bodies in my house that no one believes I've seen. A natural explanation after all.

3. Eric Rucker's rating of the film The Tall Blond Man with One Black Shoe

Thank you, Mubi! What a hoot. I was thinking it clearly deserves a sequel, and vwahlah! there it is, ready and waiting. Hope you screen it soon!! Amazing opening credits. Seems like it must've been inspirational for Michael Richards. And the magpie Coen brothers surely borrowed the character of Maurice, reincarnated him as Marty, and gave him dance quintet at Crane Jackson's Fountain Street Theater.

4. David R Williams's rating of the film The Tall Blond Man with One Black Shoe

As Jeremy Carr writes: "...the film is an increasing volley of duplicity and modified perception...a cleverly crafted ruse, a straight-faced farce that incorporates most everything one associates the cinematic sub-genre and slyly points out the subtle silliness inherent in its recurrent conventions". Indeed.

5. mpho3's rating of the film The Tall Blond Man with One Black Shoe

The perfect accompaniment for a hot bowl of homemade soup and a few brown ales on a cold winter's afternoon with a couple of friends. 3.5 stars

6. Samuel Wells's rating of the film The Tall Blond Man with One Black Shoe

MUBI's description of this film is spot on. Feeling truly like a blend of Mel Brooks and Peter Sellers while all the while incredibly French, the film finds ways to keep the humor flowing, no hesitating to try any joke that came to the writer's mind. It never manages to delve past the surface to any keen insights and remaining a piece of its time. The films feels limited in its potential scope.

7. Joe Pryweller's rating of the film The Tall Blond Man with One Black Shoe

A bit dated and tame by today's standards of outrageous farce, Robert's film is still considered a classic romp due to its escalating degrees of silliness mixed with spy-vs.-spy paranoia and misdirection. A great cast makes this hold up, including Pierre Richard, a noted director and actor; the great character actor Bernard Blier and sexy blonde Mireille Darc, Alain Delon's former companion and onscreen siren.

8. Matthew Martens's rating of the film The Tall Blond Man with One Black Shoe

Pierre Richard, bumbling beautifully along like a Gallic Rüdiger Vogler blessed with the sublime goofiness of Peter Sellers, owns this timeless masterfarce, a film of perennial interest to gracefully oblivious violinists and cultivated enthusiasts of higher horseplay everywhere.

9. JoeTD's rating of the film The Tall Blond Man with One Black Shoe

Very enjoyable. The acting was good and the camerawork complimented the comedy very well. It wasn't too noticeable, which is good for a film like this. A little hard for me to get into at first, but eventually I was having a great time.

10. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Tall Blond Man with One Black Shoe

Such fond memories I have of this. And it still holds up. I'd compare it to 'What's Up, Doc?" by Bogdanavich. And the print is gorgeous!

11. Stefan Drees's rating of the film The Tall Blond Man with One Black Shoe

This parody of the American spy movie is one of the favorites of my childhood. It's still funny today, and even better (because very dry and laconic) in the French original.

12. Selma Solberg's rating of the film The Tall Blond Man with One Black Shoe

Jamais autant ri dans un film. Peut-être faut-il être Français...

13. Ak's rating of the film The Tall Blond Man with One Black Shoe