1. gaussian's rating of the film The Taste of Money

im sang-soo said that only koreans can understand this film and he's right

2. Michael Vilabrera's rating of the film The Taste of Money

Beginning was fun, the middle seemed to drag & the end did not fit the foundation.

3. Nick Potter's rating of the film The Taste of Money

This feels very and directly similar to The Housemaid. While watching the film, I thought that I liked this more, but now I think it's just a slight step below after sitting on it for a bit.

4. Daniel Spiegel's rating of the film The Taste of Money

Wow. A wonderful follow-up to The House Maid. Nicely interwoven stories (sort of), but more impressive is its visual impact and the increasingly abstruse concepts explored. Once again, an unexpected gem.

5. David R Williams's rating of the film The Taste of Money

There so much about this film that I really like yet at the same time there’s so much about it that had me rolling my eyes. About halfway I was ready to turn it off out of boredom. But stuck with it and I’m glad I did. The English acting is terrible but the women are beautiful the sets are gorgeous and the lead actor is tragic. Worth the time.

6. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Taste of Money

They say comparisons are odorous, but what are you going to do? 'The Housemaid' was excellent, and so expectations on your next movie are too high, resulting in disappointment. You have to gamble big, and that's not what this is.

7. Slappy McGee's rating of the film The Taste of Money

(1.5 stars) Bored to tears. Or at least nearly. Characters that you really don't care about. Some of the worst acting (the English-speaking scenes) that I've seen in a long, long while. Actually pretty hilariously so in some scenes. A few creative shots and images scattered selectively throughout the film, which saves it from fully being horrible. But overall... ugh.

8. dalena's rating of the film The Taste of Money

blAh blAh blAh. I think I can categorize this as capitalizing on affluent cultural narratives as a guise to film shiny things

9. McOpinionated's rating of the film The Taste of Money

Oh well. A documentary would be more interesting but it had a certain style.

10. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film The Taste of Money

There are plenty of far superior South Korean movies out there, but The Taste Of Money is an interesting look at what happens when organised crime clashes with people falling in and out of love. It's a slow and sedate film, no real lashings of ultraviolence here, but none the worse for it.

11. The Ceramicist's rating of the film The Taste of Money

I am rarely convinced by this genre, but I felt the Taste of Money balanced voyeurism with awe and empathy brilliantly. It stuck to its narrow fly-on-the wall like portrayal of events without trying to present the story from conflicting view points and didn't indulge in preaching. The pace of the story telling gets a little too quick towards the end, but the wondrous aesthetics keep your disbelief in suspense.

12. Eva Bosch's rating of the film The Taste of Money

13. BernardoL's rating of the film The Taste of Money

The Taste of Money is almost like a sequel to Im-Sang Soo 's previous film, 'The Housemaid'. The themes are virtually identical and once again the director showcases his wonderful stylized cinematography and attention to detail.

14. BUSTER TIERNEY's rating of the film The Taste of Money

Il y a fatalement quelque chose d'envoûtant dans cette mise en scène et cette perdition des personnages. L'esthétique particulièrement travaillée et la beauté des comédiens glacent le spectateur et créent aussi la limite d'un film finalement artificiel ; un peu comme un panda en bas résilles et vernis à ongles...

15. Christophe's rating of the film The Taste of Money

Le traitement est à part sur une famille mafieuse, mais cela reste peu relevant, malgré le soin de la photographie

16. xevli's rating of the film The Taste of Money

joli mais court en bouche !

17. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film The Taste of Money

Im Sang-soo is fascinated by money & ancillary relationships (The Housemaid). And by Yun Yeo-Jung's (68) faded beauty, also starring in these 2 movies (& Kim Ki-Young's favorite actress). Im Sang-soo est fasciné par l'argent & les relations ancillaires (The Housemaid). Et par la beauté fanée de Yun Yeo-Jung (68) également vedette de ces 2 films & actrice fétiche de Kim Ki-Young (La Femme insecte 1972). Amour partagé.

18. fearraigh's rating of the film The Taste of Money

Way too slick, overblown and full of caricatures. Makes you pine for Im Sang-soo's far better earlier films such as A Good Lawyer's Life and The President's Last Bang.

19. fada19's rating of the film The Taste of Money

Étrange et dérangeant , heureusement beaucoup d'humours sinon ce serait glauque !

20. Bastien G.'s rating of the film The Taste of Money

the housemaid is 10x better.

21. Ostermyers's rating of the film The Taste of Money

Some cool stuff. En fait, Im Sang-soo a fait un diptyque sur les riches, l'un du coté du père, l'autre de la mère. Les deux sont pourris. Le dialogue avec The Housemaid est assez évident, les deux versions sont dans le film heh.

22. osage's rating of the film The Taste of Money

un vrai univers, de la lumière, du cadre, des comédiens ... bref du cinoche !

23. cyrikelly's rating of the film The Taste of Money

Dommage, 2h de film...mais pas du tout convainquant. Pas de profondeur, le monde de l'argent et de l'escroquerie n'est pas du tout crédible.

24. bessede's rating of the film The Taste of Money

encore un mauvais film (vu au ciné)....! Vous faites les fond de catalogue, c'est la crise ? :-) pas tarder à me désabonner moi....