1. plusin's rating of the film The Taste of Others

2. John Woodall's rating of the film The Taste of Others

The characters in this were really well developed. Regardless of what they did, I felt I could understand and relate to every single one. Despite that, I felt some of the character relationships weren't explored as well as they could have been. There were so many loose ends that it finished feeling incomplete and unsatisfying.

3. turnerBroadcast p3Dr0's rating of the film The Taste of Others

Films like this quietly remind you the French have been shooting portraits of humanity since 1833, while America was busy fighting civil wars they were exploring the limit of film. And thus cinema's greatest paradox was born. Comedy is funny. Sex is funny. The French are funny. But no French Sex Comedies are funny. This film reminded me of a girl I knew who tasted like peach. And how chaotic is The Taste of Others.

4. lauramboria@utexas.edu's rating of the film The Taste of Others

5. Lorna Singh's rating of the film The Taste of Others

When the theme of Opposites Attract make for witty dialogue from charming characters. Understated.

6. David R Williams's rating of the film The Taste of Others

Horrible people doing horrible things. Unfortunately these horrible people are also boring...and so is this horribly boring movie.

7. Camila Vimo's rating of the film The Taste of Others

I found this film repetitive and uncanny. It was extremely dogged. The motions are slow and pointless. I just did not see the moral or background of it all. The actress was not very experienced and did not seem very engaged into her characters. The story overall was bearable but not something I would sit through if I did not have to and in this case I had to.

8. jordi torrent's rating of the film The Taste of Others

3 1/2 * charming as French can be. Tons of McGuffin that do not distract and move forward the characters.

9. crystal meff's rating of the film The Taste of Others

Anne Alvaro was cast as Berenice in Raul Ruiz' avante garde, " BÉRÉNICE" in 1983

10. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Taste of Others

Well written and tastefully appointed, except of course for Castella's wife. She was a bit of a cardboard character to react against. If I was the flute player guy, I would have told my friend, "Hey do you mind not sleeping with her?" "Everybody sleeps around. We're French!" Oh right. It's the interplay of class and wealth that makes it an interesting story. Everyone genuflects before the power of money.

11. Jennifer Sharp's rating of the film The Taste of Others

Despite the shots being organized relatively well, this movie was a bit of a mess. It all felt like sub plots, with not much of a main idea going on, and it was difficult to pay attention to it all. It was hard to discern why it was mandatory to learn English or the significance of shaving off the mustache. The ending scene with the theatrical suicide, however, did a nice job to mislead the viewers to a grave ending.

12. redux's rating of the film The Taste of Others

The person you detest may be worthier than you think. Simple but fundamental message delivered in a funny and touching way.

13. Emil's rating of the film The Taste of Others

14. Xose Manoel Ramos's rating of the film The Taste of Others

E sí, todo o mundo pode ter gusto

15. divya's rating of the film The Taste of Others

A delightful interpretation of our taste in fellow humans: as lovers, friends, acquaintances, and coworkers.

16. Agustina's rating of the film The Taste of Others

Excellent portrayal of the snobbery the "enlightened" few make the non-enlightened feel. Jean Pierre Bacri is superb as always... Agnès' direction is flawless, and as usual, she produces lovely, lovely character work via a well-thought out script... The cinematography might not be innovative, but who cares really... The story makes the film a wonderful watch. I'm such a huge fan of these two.