1. e.rose's rating of the film The Tenant

una stella la aggiunge la adjani

2. Michael Peer's rating of the film The Tenant

While it's often regarded as the ugly red-headed step-child of Polanski's apartment trilogy, The Tenant isn't all bad. There are some genuine moments that will make your skin crawl. However, this is nothing compared to Rosemary's or Repulsion. I think Polanksi got off at the idea of staring in his own film, but didn't really give the script the depth it deserved. Great ideas go nowhere and leaves us thinking what-if?

3. MisterColo93's rating of the film The Tenant

4. nessa's rating of the film The Tenant

i found a tooth in my apartment

5. LauraPalmer's rating of the film The Tenant

Rewatched and re-loved. TOP film, a Masterpiece. Isabelle Adjani (as always) being a goddess.

6. eleventries's rating of the film The Tenant

7. FISCHER's rating of the film The Tenant

Envoûtant, énervant, angoissant... www.cinefiches.com

8. Mr. Marston's rating of the film The Tenant

9. Sean Harmer's rating of the film The Tenant

my favorite of the apartment trilogy

10. Luis's rating of the film The Tenant

« Se mi tagli la testa cosa dirai? Me e la mia testa o me e il mio corpo... Che diritto ha la mia testa di chiamarsi me! »

11. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film The Tenant

12. Dalibor's rating of the film The Tenant

A third kind of perspective on apartment-paranoia, as this time it is protagonist convincing himself of different reality. Least explained, scattering clues, motifs and subtopics that vary from homosexuality to Egyptology it is not hard to see why it didn't do well with critics at first. I see it as Polanski's most personal, exploring the depth of a paranoid mind left alone in a claustrophobic world of ignorance.

13. gld48's rating of the film The Tenant

A really great thriller with really horrific overdubbing. But I guess it is the 70s.

14. Jess PJ's rating of the film The Tenant

A naturally eccentric Polanski misfit enters his cleverly assembled subtly surrealistic nightmare within New York.

15. Farghis's rating of the film The Tenant

Imposible no hundirse en el ambiente comico/dramatico de este asfixiante relato

16. Thomas's rating of the film The Tenant

Polanski's consistently disorientating plot, (questionable acting) and beautifully composed vignettes, indeed make this a memorable descent into psychological nightmarish madness. Added to this is the continual mergence between reality, perception and paranoia, colourfully illustrated by the bizarre troupe of characters, directed with a large dollop of black humour and technical flair.

17. Teona Gal's rating of the film The Tenant

18. Rui Oliveira's rating of the film The Tenant

A kafkaesque atmosphere in a psychological thriller by Roman Polanski. Who can ask for more? The building up of the tension and weird happenings, and slow mental breakdown is so well accomplished here. The camera work is fantastic and Polanski gives a riveting performance. Now I need to watch Repulsion to complete "The Apartment" trilogy.

19. raggiodisole's rating of the film The Tenant

Descent into madness, the debilitating effects of society, obsession, desire, and all-round cod-Parisian nuttiness

20. DrFirestone's rating of the film The Tenant

I enjoyed how elements of a thriller, comedy even a little bit of horror are seamlessly connected. This film flows so smoothly, the mystery builds up and emerges slowly, the reveal is interesting. I appreciated the dark humour, the cast is great and performances are strong, an old Parisian apartment building is moody and is perfect as the setting. My only minor complaint is the obvious English dubbing...

21. alimcintyre's rating of the film The Tenant

Didn't really do it for me, too many Americans pretending to be French.

22. Zoe Michell's rating of the film The Tenant

23. sam's rating of the film The Tenant

This film is just a cult. I never watched it before and I just now realise how cleverly it has been portrayed.

24. Verusca's rating of the film The Tenant

brilliant depiction of a man falling into madness as a result of an ill society.

← Previous 1 3 4 5