1. Eric Rucker's rating of the film The Testament of Dr. Cordelier

Best Jerry Lewis film ever. Worst Jerry Lewis film ever. The only thing that could have improved it would have been for Joly to be the first murder victim. The only thing to possibly commend it is that it may have had a minor influence on Boro's version. Sad that Renoir Junior seems to have zero visual intelligence.

2. Diderot's rating of the film The Testament of Dr. Cordelier

What happens when a genius director consciously makes a minor film. Very much worth watching as a highly competent entertainment.

3. m00njaguar's rating of the film The Testament of Dr. Cordelier

Underwhelming- Renoir disappointed me with his cartoonish TV adaptation of "Dr Jeckyll & Mr Hyde". The actor's portrayal of Opale/ Mr Hyde, was oddly inspired thhough

4. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Testament of Dr. Cordelier

It specifically gets rather interesting when it finally delves into the details of Opale's mind, and how the animalistic part of him interacts with Dr. Cordelier.

5. Nick Potter's rating of the film The Testament of Dr. Cordelier

I didn't actually read the description on this, I just watched it because Mubi was doing a Jean Renoir marathon and I needed an education. I had no idea this was a Jekyll and Hide tale, and I really liked how it differed. Barrault's lead performance is something to be remembered.

6. Samuel Wells's rating of the film The Testament of Dr. Cordelier

The tale of Doctor Jekyll and Mr Hyde never did much to capture my imagination and this film confirms the short comings of the source material. The film is clear and distinct to what it sets out to do. You can predict what happens from the onset of the film and you don't need to have read the source material to do so. That being said, the film is well edited and performed and just well constructed in every way.

7. David R Williams's rating of the film The Testament of Dr. Cordelier

Seriously, would I have even bothered if it weren't Renoir?

8. Monkey Flix's rating of the film The Testament of Dr. Cordelier

So where does the hair on his hands go when he transforms back into Dr. Cordelier? Does it get sucked back into his skin? Does he molt? Does he never go out without a handy bottle of Nair? Inquiring minds want to know!

9. dAlton Anthony's rating of the film The Testament of Dr. Cordelier

I suppose the things I'm judging Testament on poorly are the very things others are praising it for. To me, it just came across over stylized and as if Renoir had lost patience for certain details. It feels heavily indebted to Robert Wiene and Fritz Lang....almost to the point of tribute. All that said, the film has an hypnotic effect and I found myself watching it to the very end. Reading the essays here helped out.

10. Kevin's rating of the film The Testament of Dr. Cordelier

I am certain nobody reads these comments as I am the clouds will cover the eclipse in the Chicago area 08212017. This movie by Renoir, the little blond boy in the wonderful paintings by his father walks into a studio and says: “Do I look ok?” as if the next two hours will be his alone, then follows showing a horror story without cgi yet with perfect accoutrements, the hands, the jaws, the smirk…it gets no better...

11. Slappy McGee's rating of the film The Testament of Dr. Cordelier

(3.5 stars) Starts off a bit odd as Renoir walks into a tv studio to comment on the start of the film. Never really explained and completely unnecessary. But after that the movie takes over and we never return to the studio or Renoir. Filmed very well and the characters are odd and interesting to follow. Mr. Hyde (here called "Opale") is a dastardly creation. Fun stuff. Really enjoyed this version. Very well done.

12. Loz Loory's rating of the film The Testament of Dr. Cordelier

3.5 Nice use of the cane by Opale as a symbol of the phallus untamed by civilization. Got a tad long in the flashback sequences: the banality of evil, etc.

13. Brotherdeacon's rating of the film The Testament of Dr. Cordelier

14. qiongying.hu@gmail.com's rating of the film The Testament of Dr. Cordelier

A deeper exploration of the old topic.

15. David Richards's rating of the film The Testament of Dr. Cordelier

Interesting... comical in places. Some of the performances were over the top, Severin for example. Opale too, twitchy, gleefully weird, all too eager to snatch an infant from its mother or knock over a cripple.

16. FISCHER's rating of the film The Testament of Dr. Cordelier

Le docteur Cordelier, célèbre psychanalyste, donne à son ami, Maître Joly, son testament, dans lequel il déclare laisser tout ses biens, à un certain Opale. Maître Joly va être entraîné dans une sombre histoire entre trame policière et vertige fantastique ..... Une thématique souvent mieux traitée chez d'autres réalisateurs ..... www.cinefiches.com

17. Francisco R.'s rating of the film The Testament of Dr. Cordelier

I'd recommend you to put this on your watch queue as it is a masterpiece like no other. I'm also shocked and a bit annoyed at some mubi users as it only averages a miserable three stars. This film is fn' BRILLIANT.

18. Graham Duncan Hill's rating of the film The Testament of Dr. Cordelier

Initially reluctant to watch this (it's Jekyll and Hyde, you know how it ends), this ended up being a lot better than I expected. Hard to picture Dr. Jekyll as a rapist. Made for TV movies are apparently much more watchable in France.

19. Samuel Cogrenne's rating of the film The Testament of Dr. Cordelier