1. Lola Finch's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Got a full body sweat from being too scared

2. Adam GR's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Frightening. Knows when and how to reveal itself.

3. Dan's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

I knew about the dinner scene and the final chainsaw dance but I was not prepared for the eyes! To shower any praises on this is pointless - this is how horror is done.

4. Dada Kubin's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

O my. I had seen TCM on VHS about 25 years ago and didn’t appreciate it much. Now I just saw it on the big screen. O my. It’s a bloody masterpiece! Thematically rich and multilayered, artistically ambitious, original storytelling, plus a great experimental soundtrack that really gets under your skin... I’m still shaking, partly in shock, partly in awe. This is cinema as art!

5. Nick's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

The camera vanishes. The screen vanishes. All you can do is witness these people meet their horrible end. And that ending, wow. THAT is horror. THAT is great filmmaking.

6. Richard Tines's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

One of the first slasher films, and still one of the best... Apparently there was a political subtext in the intention of the making of the movie, If you wish you can find out about it by doing a Google search... While the mania of the franchise would ramp up considerably, this is where it all started, and remains a great study in pseudo realistic horror...

7. cengle's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

One of the best horror movies I've ever seen. Wicked set design and perfect pacing. And hardly any onscreen violence, which is basically a miracle considering its subject matter.

8. naobot's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

9. JCPJD's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

I'm not a fan of the horror genre, but this viewing was at the behest of a friend who loves TTCM. I quite liked it. The film stock, the colour palate, the pace. As far as story goes, it's terribly weak (normal for the kind of film this piece helped popularise) and the characters are cardboard to the point of satire. The famous dinner scene is underwhelming too. The great sound design makes it.

10. subtonal's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

11. Inês Moreira Santos's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

12. Kelley Dong's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

i'll never forget that final laugh

13. DSPRKY's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Things crystallize in the third act and you then realize that the film is about a lot more than a sadistic killer: television, media and humanity are on trial here.

14. Bob's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

In one of the most effective openings in history of genre, a horror slowly creeps beneath heat drained landscape - where news reports and drunkman's mumble are just facades of horrifying dismemberments between cultural and industrial progression and psychotic state of mind. And it's told in almost documentary way of storytelling, where no single minute is wasted and blood is no needed to unleash the terror.

15. salty_candy's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

OMG. This is too much for me, had to hide my head under the blanket during some scenes

16. Adam Whybray's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Maybe it's an OCD thing but what I find most upsetting about TTCM is those rank chicken feathers. The film manages to tangibly evoke a space of utter abjection. The plot and characters do little for me, it's that house and its dilapidated interiors that stays with me.

17. Chearth's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

18. Arthur Freitas's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

It's fascinating and repulsive at the same time, and is full of anarchy in any way. The production of the film reverbs in the final result, and in all the good ways.

19. Nolan Barth's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Strangely I've never been a huge fan of this film... As a self proclaimed horror junkie I've never really understood the appeal of "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre". That being said I watched this film the best way possible in a theater full of horror fans and on an original 35 mm film print! In the end I found myself beginning to appreciate this film on a whole new level!

20. Paul Mallinson's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Damn it - get the title right! It's: The Texas CHAIN SAW Massacre. Chain. And Saw. Two words. The original always has been and always will be. One word chainsaw was later titles.

21. Freddie's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

" "You don't think that guy would try and follow us?" And then when you see Franklin fumbling with his wheelchair, alone, trying to push his way forward - agonizingly slowly, you can just feel the suspense build up.

22. Zac Weber's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Unintentionally hilarious in hindsight. The horror aspect of the film absolutely does not hold up, and one can't help but laugh at the many instances where the characters run themselves into the worst possible situations. There are moments of excellent camerawork.

23. Gints Vansovičs's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

24. David G. Mabey's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Absolute masterpiece goes without saying, I was lucky enough to meet Gunnar Hansen a few years back and loved hearing the stories about filming this. Will always be in my top five favs ever.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7