1. Bob's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

In one of the most effective openings in history of genre, a horror slowly creeps beneath heat drained landscape - where news reports and drunkman's mumble are just facades of horrifying dismemberments between cultural and industrial progression and psychotic state of mind. And it's told in almost documentary way of storytelling, where no single minute is wasted and blood is no needed to unleash the terror.

2. salty_candy's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

OMG. This is too much for me, had to hide my head under the blanket during some scenes

3. Adam Whybray's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Maybe it's an OCD thing but what I find most upsetting about TTCM is those rank chicken feathers. The film manages to tangibly evoke a space of utter abjection. The plot and characters do little for me, it's that house and its dilapidated interiors that stays with me.

4. Chearth's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

5. Arthur Freitas's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

It's fascinating and repulsive at the same time, and is full of anarchy in any way. The production of the film reverbs in the final result, and in all the good ways.

6. Nolan Barth's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Strangely I've never been a huge fan of this film... As a self proclaimed horror junkie I've never really understood the appeal of "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre". That being said I watched this film the best way possible in a theater full of horror fans and on an original 35 mm film print! In the end I found myself beginning to appreciate this film on a whole new level!

7. Paul Mallinson's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Damn it - get the title right! It's: The Texas CHAIN SAW Massacre. Chain. And Saw. Two words. The original always has been and always will be. One word chainsaw was later titles.

8. Freddie's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

" "You don't think that guy would try and follow us?" And then when you see Franklin fumbling with his wheelchair, alone, trying to push his way forward - agonizingly slowly, you can just feel the suspense build up.

9. Zac Weber's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Unintentionally hilarious in hindsight. The horror aspect of the film absolutely does not hold up, and one can't help but laugh at the many instances where the characters run themselves into the worst possible situations. There are moments of excellent camerawork.

10. Gints Vansovičs's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

11. David G. Mabey's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Absolute masterpiece goes without saying, I was lucky enough to meet Gunnar Hansen a few years back and loved hearing the stories about filming this. Will always be in my top five favs ever.

12. Catarina Fernandes's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

13. Ivo Duarte's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Podendo era remover isto da memória.

14. Peter Strenge's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

A fine-shaped horror film with all the jump scares and creepy shit.

15. Linda's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

really amazing movie! have to say that I got really annoyed with the young adult characters pretty fast, so I kinda enjoyed the slasher parts a lot :D

16. Pedderrs's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Tobe Hooper's The Texas Chain Saw Massacre is a pure exercise in terror. No deeper explanations for what transpires are explored and we know nothing about the characters outside of what we are shown in the 83 minutes. I am not in any hurry to see the film again and thus Tobe Hooper has unquestionably succeeded in what he set out to do - and that's to disgust, unsettle and terrify the viewer. Startling authenticity.

17. RoRoRoro's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

18. jonijtr's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

I was being mugged, choked, and intimidated by this movie....... Fright-fucking-tastic

19. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Una macabra sinfonia con un gran finale in crescendo, che da ormai 40 anni è una pietra miliare dei brividi lungo la schiena. Disturbante e psicologicamente forte, questo film riesce a spaventarvi senza le solite, scontatissime, scene di spavento improvviso. Provare per credere

20. LauraPalmer's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Rewatched and re-loved. This nightmare has a perfect cinematography. Dancing with the sun in the end: excellent. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre premiered in Dallas today in 1974.

21. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Brilliantly put together and deeply unpleasant. I can safely say that, despite my admiration for it, I never want to see it ever again.

22. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Made with $20, very impressive and an informative DVD commentary for any aspiring low-budget filmmaker, Hooper's effects still work and are scary as ever. From the first frame (dead armadillo) you feel as if you are venturing into the land of no return. Very effective mood setting and unsettling characters (get a load of that hitchhiker?). The horrific tragedy of livestock.

23. Mariana Basílio's rating of the film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre