1. Kreg's rating of the film The Thief and the Cobbler

This is the height of animation. And it isn't even finished.

2. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Thief and the Cobbler

3. bulgrin's rating of the film The Thief and the Cobbler

Wish there would be a finished version of this great animated film, but at least we have the Uncobbled Cut which gives us all there is left of that fantastic movie, and it gives a great inside look of the classical animation process.

4. lika's rating of the film The Thief and the Cobbler

The Recobbled Cut merece todas as estrelas

5. Tyler Aikens's rating of the film The Thief and the Cobbler

I was shown a clip of the shoe chase scene via a youtube link so when I found this on Netflix, I was stoked. However, I had no idea about the history of it's production or the fact that there are two versions of this. I obviously saw the theatrical cut and despite a mind blowing opening, it's garbage. Sad, sad, sad. Great potential but wasted on bad voice acting and uneccesary dialogue that seemed thrown in.

6. Log Lady's rating of the film The Thief and the Cobbler

A remarkable work of art that shines like a precious diamond amongst animated films, despite the troubled production history. The amount of detail is breathtaking, and Price's rendition of Zigzag is highly memorable. My rating is for The Recobbled Cut, and based on seeing only this, I don't understand why anyone would want to bastardize Williams's original vision and make it into a marketable mess.

7. CinemaHouse Productions's rating of the film The Thief and the Cobbler

I hope someone in the film/animation industry will full restore Richard Williams' unfinished animated epic in the way he envisioned it...God only hope.

8. Movie Blabber's rating of the film The Thief and the Cobbler

DO NOT WATCH THE THEATRICAL CUT!

9. Rock and Bull's rating of the film The Thief and the Cobbler

Five stars for the Uncobbled Cut!

10. Sam Flemming's rating of the film The Thief and the Cobbler

Two things I like about the Recobbled version 1. Great animation, setting, story, music, and characters. 2. It's almost like watching a step-by-step process of animation, with everything that is shown from storyboards, to the drawing process, to the final animation. If you watch the other versions, you're wasting time and brain cells. Stick with the Recobbled cut.

11. Max the Movie Guy's rating of the film The Thief and the Cobbler

Richard Williams spent over 26 years making what he hoped to be the greatest animated feature ever made, yet forced its greatness in Warner Bros.'s eyes. The film seemed to be all animation and imagination but lacked a coherent story, and was absent in character development or an exciting pace. But Richard Williams' obsession is exactly why this is the best animated film I've seen in my life.

12. Erik Solin's rating of the film The Thief and the Cobbler

I watched the Recobbled version. The animation is remarkable to the very last detail! The ride through the collapsing war machine was hilariously thrilling and inventive. The Thief was my favorite character.

13. Malcolm Tent's rating of the film The Thief and the Cobbler

I recommend seeing Persistence of Vision. A new documentary by Kevin Schreck on the subject of this film.

14. Anastasia's rating of the film The Thief and the Cobbler

Ah, so glad this was added. The unedited version is avaliable on youtube, thankfully.