1. FISCHER's rating of the film The Thief of Bagdad

D'après les célèbres "Contes des Mille et Une Nuits", une oeuvre de qualité, aux étonnants trucages qui enchantent et fascinent énormément... www.cinefiches.com

2. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film The Thief of Bagdad

my new life goal is to watch this again on mushrooms

3. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Thief of Bagdad

We always think we'd do better with the genie's three wishes, but I doubt it.

4. Diogo Pires's rating of the film The Thief of Bagdad

1940. Horses flying, people flying. People turning into dogs. This is amazing.

5. Vincent T's rating of the film The Thief of Bagdad

6. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film The Thief of Bagdad

A satisfying adventure. Beautifully put together by many hands. Rex Ingram and Conrad Veidt are standouts. I love June Duprez too.

7. João Rocha's rating of the film The Thief of Bagdad

A really amazing journey.

8. alixrajabi's rating of the film The Thief of Bagdad

I really can't take this seriously after watching the trailer. And The Lady Assassin - What do you think Prince of Persia is?

9. Chill Town's rating of the film The Thief of Bagdad

i had the pleasure of meeting mr.powell's son who is also a director. powelll was an innovator, peeping tom is fantastic

10. Jinsie's rating of the film The Thief of Bagdad

The traveling matte of the Sultan (played by Miles Malleson, who wrote the screenplay) riding a flying automaton-horse looked to me like one of Edweard Muybridge's locomotion loops. The wonder of the trick films and early spectacles is all in here, too. Taking us into the mature silent period, Conrad 'Caligari' Veidt as Jaffar is just too perfect. Not heard it myself, but I bet Marty busts a nut in the DVD commentary

11. Emily Piellusch's rating of the film The Thief of Bagdad

So many beautiful frames! Also, am I the only one who thinks the genie's voice sounded a lot like Clark Gable?

12. TheCinemaAdventurist's rating of the film The Thief of Bagdad

Truly takes you on a fantastical adventure, a must watch! :)

13. LoverofLeCinema's rating of the film The Thief of Bagdad

Holy crap, this came out in 1940?!? I watched it yesterday thinking it was a 50s technicolor epic.... Great fantasy, great action, thrilling adventure, a must see!

14. Cineclectic's rating of the film The Thief of Bagdad

The quintessential Technicolor fantasy film rich with great special effects, an overwhelming sense of enchantment and the great Sabu in arguably his greatest role ever. Timeless and wonderful.

15. Joshuah's rating of the film The Thief of Bagdad

how does a film like this even exist!? the greatest novels ever written are no where near as rich and enchanting as this film. even if the Genii's effects are fairly dated, the film as a whole, being made 70 years ago, feels like it was made tomorrow. absolutely timeless.

16. AKFilmFan's rating of the film The Thief of Bagdad

The production might've been overwhelmingly frustrating, but none of that has affected this joyous & beautiful fantasy. Influential to Disney's Aladdin, this adventure has gorgeous Technicolor, great special effects, & exciting performances (esp. from Sabu & Veidt). It may be a little old-fashioned, but for the young and young-at-heart this film is thrills and entertains from the work that went into it.

17. HobartLazaro's rating of the film The Thief of Bagdad

you're stranded in an island no food shelter etc. you have one wish a genie can grant and all you want is to see the princess. this is the dumbest king ever!

18. Erik Villasenor's rating of the film The Thief of Bagdad

This was one of the first films I put on my watchlist (Way back when this was the auteurs). What a visual feast, I can't wait to see the red shoes now! The race bending bothered me a bit but I understand it's a product of it's time (it bothered me way more in Prince of Persia). All around a great experience, very fun. Plus the flying genie was fucking awsome!

19. chanandre's rating of the film The Thief of Bagdad

[Cinémathèque PT #13: 35 mm]

20. Dave's rating of the film The Thief of Bagdad

A visual treat, worth seeing for the cinematography and look if nothing else.

21. Silenzio's rating of the film The Thief of Bagdad

One of the best fantasy films I 've ever seen. Veidt is a marvellous villain.

22. REH1101's rating of the film The Thief of Bagdad

An excellent movie about white guys from faraway lands.

23. Dead Dog and Ghost Man's rating of the film The Thief of Bagdad

I agree with the Lady Assassin. I also love how in Disney's Aladdin (I'd argue it's a remake), they replace his low-caste friend Apu with a MONKEY. a. monkey.

24. Rock and Bull's rating of the film The Thief of Bagdad

One of my all time favorites. Just rewatched it for the umpteenth time and decided I would make my top 5 films on Mubi a top 6!