1. Polyglot's rating of the film The Thin Man

New favorite buddy comedy classic.

2. Tudor Rachieru's rating of the film The Thin Man

Nicky + Nora= one of the best couples I've seen

3. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film The Thin Man

Perpetually tipsy couple Nick and Nora carry this movie, but the rest is standard fare. Gets the grade it does only on the strength of it's two stars. Other than that, it's fine, but mostly forgettable.

4. Luis Pires's rating of the film The Thin Man

5. dianadhm's rating of the film The Thin Man

6. arlinda's rating of the film The Thin Man

Mostly comedy, with a little mystery in it. But really, it's all about the sparring partners. And their endless drinking. (It's epic. How do they get away with it? That's the mystery.)

7. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Thin Man

8. sainte's rating of the film The Thin Man

Have to agree, the best movie couple ever. Powell was great. I was barely interested by the actual murder mystery though.

9. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Thin Man

The chemistry between them is remarkable. It's harder to appreciate the balance William Powell had to maintain these days because after Foster Brooks, Dean Martin, and Dudley Moore, people don't find drunk people as funny anymore. He had style, panache, and perfect timing.

10. JM M----'s rating of the film The Thin Man

Wish it focused more on the relationship between the two leads. Really fun dynamic and a great tone behind the film.

11. nein's rating of the film The Thin Man

I think it's the best movie couple (marriage!) I have seen so far. They're soo admirable. Nick is drinking all the time but still he's always gallant. This movie also features Asta (the dog)! Hilarious stuff.

12. Dalibor's rating of the film The Thin Man

All the mystery, if there ever was any, got lost behind a slapstic that hadn't really aged all that well.

13. AKFilmFan's rating of the film The Thin Man

A mystery-comedy that is wisely focused on the relationship between the two leads, this "drawing room comedy with dead bodies" is a delightfully witty film.

14. codyhunter's rating of the film The Thin Man

15. NICOLE86's rating of the film The Thin Man

One of the best film detective series.

16. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film The Thin Man

greatest couple i've ever seen. but the film is not good enough. I prefer Libeled Lady. and i'd like to add that, her wardrobe is elegant and gorgeous. she is adorable. of course, i'm talking about Myrna Loy. leave O'sullivan to Tarzan.

17. Jyoti's rating of the film The Thin Man

Powell and Loy are delightful together. How I wish the film had focused on their relationship instead of the half-baked murder mystery.

18. Richmond Hill's rating of the film The Thin Man

Frivolous fun. The chemistry and sparky banter is the thing here, with the murder-mystery decidedly second fiddle – and rather forgettable – when pitched against the light n' tripping cocktail hour repartee.

19. ryan birch's rating of the film The Thin Man

A hilarious script made even better by the great chemistry between Powell and Loy. A very fun flick.

20. Addiena of Mubi land's rating of the film The Thin Man

21. Pierluigi Puccini's rating of the film The Thin Man

Glorious, Joyous dinner date with murder and laughter hand in hand. Powell and Loy are one charming couple.

22. Dave's rating of the film The Thin Man

Some of the wittiest, sliest dialog written. Powell and Loy deliver the lines perfectly, resulting in near comedic perfection. A truly great movie and I find it hard to believe that anyone would not find this entertaining and enjoyable.

23. Phil Worfel's rating of the film The Thin Man

My introduction to William Powell before I knew that My Man Godfrey existed. The banter is hilarious and the chemistry is such that would be enviable by most modern on screen couples.

24. Mugino's rating of the film The Thin Man

The chemistry between Powell and Loy (and Asta!) is snappy and fun. Even though the other films in the series became repetitive in terms of plot, I still relish them for the playful, clever banter between Nick and Nora Charles.