1. DenoResandono's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

The first time I watched it - I didn't like it. I didn't say that the movie is bad. I mean - this movie seems CONFUSED with its narrative and looks UNCOMPLETED. I wish there was something more. Then, I gave another chance to watch it again. Actually, THE THIN RED LINE has something beyond that lies in it. In my opinion, it isn't just merely a war movie. It's a spiritual journey. One must feel it when watching this...

2. Monasteries's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

You're death that captures all.

3. Pedro Soares's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

this is not a war film, but one about humanity's inherent necessity for blood and subjugation, much like the vines twining around the trees, swallowing them. i was not expecting this, and i'm disappointed for not seeing it before.

4. Doug Grenier's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

A stunning, poetic, memorable war epic from Terrence Malick, aided by John Toll's gorgeous cinematography and Hans Zimmer's terrific score. Of the large cast, the standouts are Nick Nolte, Sean Penn, Jim Caviezel, and Elias Koteas.

5. Fabiano Sasselli's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

The film is very well directed. The main problem is the music during the battle that really shouldnt be there. Overall watching this movie, it didnt gave me the sensation of being in a cruel war. It was more like watching a National geographic documentary video about pacific islands. The main problem is the rythm, too calm. Cant undesrant why people rate this film 5.... band od brothers is way better than this film.

6. Philippe P. Marchetti's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

My favorite War movie. To me that's the one where Malick find the right balance between contemplaltive cinema & script cinema.

7. dordai_robert's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

8. FISCHER's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

Après vingt ans de silence, considéré à juste titre comme une absence déplorable, le metteur en scène Terrence Mallick reprend efficacement du service pour dénoncer l'horreur et l'absurdité de la guerre. Mais pourquoi faire philosopher à longueur de film ces combattants sur fond de musique sirupeuse ? www.cinefiches.com

9. MS1915's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

Malick tells the story of war in a tragically poetic style. Each moment is savored and told with grace and style. I like how we get into the heads of the characters, but I also find some of the motifs (flashback and voice-over) to be overused at times...

10. Gioele's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

Se solamente i film di guerra americani fossero tutti così...

11. the_mentaculus's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break." - Chinese Proverb

12. Ricardo Branco's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

13. CafeGradiva's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

14. nejurgi's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

Oh, my soul, Let me be in you now. Look out through my eyes. Look out at the things you made. All things shining.

15. Paolo Utili's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

16. Silvoieski's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

I reviewed this film again. And I felt and saw the same things and feelings again, I was able to reflect and enjoy about the calm and silence of the war transposed in a perfect cinematography accompanied by the voiceover of consciousness that reflects throughout the film. One of the films that I keep in memory for being so beautiful and reach the limit of perfection of cinema.

17. miles's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

very beautiful, nice pace

18. haugenlars@hotmail.com's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

19. Alex Pintică's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

20. Chris's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

Probably the third best war film behind Apocalypse Now and Grave of the Fireflies, 9/10

21. Max Catrinoiu's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

22. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Thin Red Line

Contemplative movie about one of the Guadalcanal battles. A film in red and green for blood and grass. Each character represents one facet of the human being confronted with war so we have here a quite complete picture of how humans react in front of war and death. Highly recommended.

23. Fré Verguchten's rating of the film The Thin Red Line