1. Emrys's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

In the Criterion edition's extra features, composer Hans Zimmer explains how he and the director Terrance Malick talked for years about creating this soundtrack that conjures light, and that is always asking questions, without providing answers.

2. dan's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

Malick shows the atrocity that is the war.It's in fact an anti-war pledge. Interesting scene in which an officer stands up to his superiors. As Star Trek's JL Picard says "the claim 'I was only following orders' has been used to justify too many tragedies in our history".

3. Carl Penguin's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

4. Eliza Lupu's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

"Our dead body is useful to the earth?"

5. Prithwi's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

hail Malick for making this masterpiece, for me this is the most important american film of the last century if i don’t see Kubrick’s 2001 as an American film.

6. Maratka Alarma's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

- You ever get lonely? - Only around people.

7. askapsaskis's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

learning to die with grace

8. serhatsari's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

With a bit of exaggeration, this may be the best war movie I've ever seen. It tells the meaningless of war in a pastoral way. Impressive views from nature and pantheist discourses are really deep. It motivates to question. Terrence Malick is "Spinoza of the cinema".

9. dionysus67's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

Superbly orchestrated philsophical mediation on war, told here through the lens of Heideggerian discosure of Being with war being a 'frame' of understading Being through violence and instrumental hierarchies. Breathtakingly shot and with immensely powerful set pieces like the ascent on the hill, this is a naturalistic 'anti-epic' about man's Platonic falleness from Being. The stellar cast is flawless. Great cinema!

10. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

11. blkrchs's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

12. Ana Sousa's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

To show the horror of war and such tenderness is not for the common mortals. The pain you go through equals the tears you cry and the anxiety you feel for all the soldiers. The happiness of those children, singing and dancing like they are the luckiest ones on earth, playing under the most beautiful sunsets, contrasting with the greediness of those who seek nothing but power. Even war can be art if shot by Malick.

13. jeanlice's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

nobody portrays innocence in such a striking and poetic fashion as Malick. never mind the raging war. this motion picture is about nature and people.

14. F/K's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

Thought-provoking and philosophical, this film proves that even war films can get poetic and ponder the nature of war and it's true purpose in life

15. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film The Thin Red Line

16. DenoResandono's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

The first time I watched it - I didn't like it. I didn't say that the movie is bad. I mean - this movie seems CONFUSED with its narrative and looks UNCOMPLETED. I wish there was something more. Then, I gave another chance to watch it again. Actually, THE THIN RED LINE has something beyond that lies in it. In my opinion, it isn't just merely a war movie. It's a spiritual journey. One must feel it when watching this...

17. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

Malick’s engrossing, lyrical, profoundly heartbreaking WW2 epic. The music, pace, and flowing camera movement makes the war experience seem as a distant, enlightening dream that shooked me to the core. Malick’s beauty is palpable and this film has the most unforgettable scene of a woman on a swing.

18. Monasteries's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

You're death that captures all.

19. Pedro Soares's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

this is not a war film, but one about humanity's inherent necessity for blood and subjugation, much like the vines twining around the trees, swallowing them. i was not expecting this, and i'm disappointed for not seeing it before.

20. Doug Grenier's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

A stunning, poetic, memorable war epic from Terrence Malick, aided by John Toll's gorgeous cinematography and Hans Zimmer's terrific score. Of the large cast, the standouts are Nick Nolte, Sean Penn, Jim Caviezel, and Elias Koteas.

21. Fabiano Sasselli's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

The film is very well directed. The main problem is the music during the battle that really shouldnt be there. Overall watching this movie, it didnt gave me the sensation of being in a cruel war. It was more like watching a National geographic documentary video about pacific islands. The main problem is the rythm, too calm. Cant undesrant why people rate this film 5.... band od brothers is way better than this film.

22. Philippe P. Marchetti's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

My favorite War movie. To me that's the one where Malick find the right balance between contemplaltive cinema & script cinema.

23. dordairobert's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

24. FISCHER's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

Après vingt ans de silence, considéré à juste titre comme une absence déplorable, le metteur en scène Terrence Mallick reprend efficacement du service pour dénoncer l'horreur et l'absurdité de la guerre. Mais pourquoi faire philosopher à longueur de film ces combattants sur fond de musique sirupeuse ? www.cinefiches.com