1. serhatsari's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

With a bit of exaggeration, this may be the best war movie I've ever seen. It tells the meaningless of war in a pastoral way. Impressive views from nature and pantheist discourses are really deep. It motivates to question. Terrence Malick is "Spinoza of the cinema".

2. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

3. blkrchs's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

4. Ana Sousa's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

To show the horror of war and such tenderness is not for the common mortals. The pain you go through equals the tears you cry and the anxiety you feel for all the soldiers. The happiness of those children, singing and dancing like they are the luckiest ones on earth, playing under the most beautiful sunsets, contrasting with the greediness of those who seek nothing but power. Even war can be art if shot by Malick.

5. jeanlice's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

nobody portrays innocence in such a striking and poetic fashion as Malick. never mind the raging war. this motion picture is about nature and people.

6. F/K's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

Thought-provoking and philosophical, this film proves that even war films can get poetic and ponder the nature of war and it's true purpose in life

7. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film The Thin Red Line

8. DenoResandono's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

The first time I watched it - I didn't like it. I didn't say that the movie is bad. I mean - this movie seems CONFUSED with its narrative and looks UNCOMPLETED. I wish there was something more. Then, I gave another chance to watch it again. Actually, THE THIN RED LINE has something beyond that lies in it. In my opinion, it isn't just merely a war movie. It's a spiritual journey. One must feel it when watching this...

9. Monasteries's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

You're death that captures all.

10. Pedro Soares's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

this is not a war film, but one about humanity's inherent necessity for blood and subjugation, much like the vines twining around the trees, swallowing them. i was not expecting this, and i'm disappointed for not seeing it before.

11. Doug Grenier's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

A stunning, poetic, memorable war epic from Terrence Malick, aided by John Toll's gorgeous cinematography and Hans Zimmer's terrific score. Of the large cast, the standouts are Nick Nolte, Sean Penn, Jim Caviezel, and Elias Koteas.

12. Fabiano Sasselli's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

The film is very well directed. The main problem is the music during the battle that really shouldnt be there. Overall watching this movie, it didnt gave me the sensation of being in a cruel war. It was more like watching a National geographic documentary video about pacific islands. The main problem is the rythm, too calm. Cant undesrant why people rate this film 5.... band od brothers is way better than this film.

13. Philippe P. Marchetti's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

My favorite War movie. To me that's the one where Malick find the right balance between contemplaltive cinema & script cinema.

14. dordairobert's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

15. FISCHER's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

Après vingt ans de silence, considéré à juste titre comme une absence déplorable, le metteur en scène Terrence Mallick reprend efficacement du service pour dénoncer l'horreur et l'absurdité de la guerre. Mais pourquoi faire philosopher à longueur de film ces combattants sur fond de musique sirupeuse ? www.cinefiches.com

16. MS1915's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

Malick tells the story of war in a tragically poetic style. Each moment is savored and told with grace and style. I like how we get into the heads of the characters, but I also find some of the motifs (flashback and voice-over) to be overused at times...

17. Gioele's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

Se solamente i film di guerra americani fossero tutti così...

18. the_mentaculus's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break." - Chinese Proverb

19. Ricardo Branco's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

20. CafeGradiva's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

4 / Brilliant. One of the most subtle and expressive, also non-gloryfying movie on war and on trenches psychology and decisions I've ever seen.

21. nejurgi's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

Oh, my soul, Let me be in you now. Look out through my eyes. Look out at the things you made. All things shining.

22. Paolo Utili's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

23. Silvoieski's rating of the film The Thin Red Line

I reviewed this film again. And I felt and saw the same things and feelings again, I was able to reflect and enjoy about the calm and silence of the war transposed in a perfect cinematography accompanied by the voiceover of consciousness that reflects throughout the film. One of the films that I keep in memory for being so beautiful and reach the limit of perfection of cinema.

24. miles's rating of the film The Thin Red Line