1. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film The Thing from Another World

2. FISCHER's rating of the film The Thing from Another World

Un classique de la science-fiction, peut-être. Mais un chef-d'oeuvre, loin s'en faut. Honnêtement des trucages sensationnels, un scénario solide et haletant. Mais quel bavardage ! Une logorrhée intarissable, dans les meilleurs moments de suspense. www.cinefiches.com

3. Blumes's rating of the film The Thing from Another World

When the generator goes off and they all test to see their breath - something felt very real about the delivery. Altogether subdued, simple and fun.

4. Aardsy's rating of the film The Thing from Another World

Effective, but a bit too much chit chat.

5. Louis Léonard's rating of the film The Thing from Another World

6. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Thing from Another World

Snappy dialogue and ensemble acting elevates this sci-fi thriller. Watch the skies!? More like watch out for the Russians! They are strong and have glowing eyes!

7. Kylie West's rating of the film The Thing from Another World

A bit slow, but still a classic 50s sci/fi-horror film and entertaining to watch.

8. Moses Lumpkin's rating of the film The Thing from Another World

All the strength this version has are diminished by it trying too hard to be witty, and in doing so it diminishes the tension. Kudos to Carpenter for correcting this flaw and perfecting it.

9. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film The Thing from Another World

10. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film The Thing from Another World

Créer la terreur sans jamais rien montrer. 60 ans avant Blair Witch.

11. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Thing from Another World

This may be my favorite horror film. Feels like an Outer Limits ep at times, but with the trademark Hawks style dialogue. Essential.

12. Thomas's rating of the film The Thing from Another World

Tight suspense horror. Crackling script and chilling atmosphere. Has aged surprisingly well.

13. Spencer Draper's rating of the film The Thing from Another World

Tense, compact and absolutely influential. I just wish there was more meat on the bones as the overall tone is very B-picture with no well defined characterizations or plotting. Hawksian elements are there, but only if you're looking for them. I don't buy Hawks directing it at all but it is clear his influence is there.

14. Richard Punch's rating of the film The Thing from Another World

By golly, we're Americans and we're not gonna let a blood-sucking celery stick push us around!

15. Daniel Metcalf's rating of the film The Thing from Another World

I feel like I underrated this when I first saw it. Having recently explored Hawks' filmography, watching this again it seemed like a completely different film. Even if he didn't direct it, it's a Hawks' film, and a damn good one at that too.

16. Brendan's rating of the film The Thing from Another World

The men seem to choose to destroy the beast more for the joy and camaraderie of working together than the for a fear of death. Hawks and Nyby reject the moralistic high ground of science on the basis of its overemphasis on individualism and disdain for the homosocial community.

17. Warren Spratley's rating of the film The Thing from Another World

****1/2 Definitely an amazing movie--I WANT to give it five-- but I must see it once more as I need to be more sure of the way politics, sex, and Hawks' subtle, touching genre subversions work within the overall narrative trajectory. I love how much Hawks dislikes authority. Touching, soft male camaraderie, deflation of masculinity, Patrick Henry and Nikki Nicholson's relationship. What are emotions? Intellect?

18. Cosi's rating of the film The Thing from Another World

Dear Thing, I'm your friend Sincerely Scientist

19. Fabio Nosotti's rating of the film The Thing from Another World

20. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film The Thing from Another World

Decepcionante. Dudo enormemente que Howard Hawks haya tenido más participación que la citada en los créditos de la película. Sólo rescataría la escena de la emboscada con fuego al alienígena. Afortunadamente, Carpenter al hacer su remake, nos entregó una obra maestra del terror y la ciencia-ficción.

21. Sean's rating of the film The Thing from Another World

This is a pretty fun and entertaining suspense/horror typical of a 50's film. I really liked the dialogue which is often witty and quick, the whole cast is great. Hawks direction is pretty great, he's got a few scenes that are classic moments in film, lighting The Thing on fire is one of them, crazy. The remake is nothing like the original and I think i perfer the ramake to this one. Still a good movie nonetheless.

22. msmichel's rating of the film The Thing from Another World

Great but toned down adaptation of the classic Campbell novella "who goes here". Well paced film that seems to get better with each watch. Not a horror classic like the Carpenter remake but certainly has its own charms. Casting is 50's generic this is more a film of atmosphere building the suspence. Well worth revisiting.

23. Johnny DuBiel's rating of the film The Thing from Another World

While many horror films of the same era have become dated, and don't really work from a horror angle anymore, this one still has the ability to scare even fifty years on. A perfect utilization of location and space to maximize the terror (something the stellar John Carpenter remake would exhibit as well). The scene where the thing catches fire is still breathtaking, and among the best sequences in all horror films.

24. AKFilmFan's rating of the film The Thing from Another World

More focused on suspense than special effects, this classic film perfectly blends sci-fi & horror in a claustrophobic setting.