1. José Neves's rating of the film The Things of Life

DCP (from original 35mm print), rewatched, re-rating. The narrative doesn't stop flowing in Sautet's films, it's a continuous burning camera in a fluent discourse, in which the editing is a piece eminently invasive, since interferes in it with precision: cut and rhythm. The abstract last half-hour of this film is a remarkable piece of dispersive conciseness and, maybe, a possible response to Godard's "Weekend".

2. Richard Tines's rating of the film The Things of Life

Almost gave up on this one half an hour in, but realized it was just my Hollywood-conditioned reflexes reacting to Sautet's slow-build style...i'm glad i stuck with it tho...sad, really, but makes you think, if you're open to it.....3.9 stars...

3. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Things of Life

Many aspects of the aftermath of an accident were accurate. Except of course for the flashbacks, which are just a cinematic device. If there's one thing Michel Piccoli does extremely well, it's casual cruelty. He does it to her again in 'Max and the Junkmen'. What a bastard!

4. Muraki's rating of the film The Things of Life

5. Patrick Humphreys's rating of the film The Things of Life

The scene with Schneider and Piccoli at home near the beginning is pure cinematic bliss.

6. bytebaby's rating of the film The Things of Life

7. MaryKatherine's rating of the film The Things of Life

8. Caro_its's rating of the film The Things of Life

Les Choses de la Vie : those little things we forgot every day, and made anyway our lives so full. Romy is also really gorgeous.

9. KiNo's rating of the film The Things of Life

The film is about the abstraction of disparate things that preoccupy us, including people, from the spirit of life by means of recounting a man's demise in a car accident. Could be one of the most beautiful death scenes in cinema, as well as the filming of a car crash. Read more here: www.blog.poetofsoundandimage.com

10. kyeo's rating of the film The Things of Life

surely not an antitabagism spot...

11. Sérgio P.'s rating of the film The Things of Life

The scenes after the accident kind of reminded me of The Diving Bell and the Butterfly. The opening is indeed great.

12. Anton Williams's rating of the film The Things of Life

I'm really love the first three minutes