1. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film The Third Man

2. Adam Whybray's rating of the film The Third Man

A perfect barbed gem of a film. Manages to use hella canted angles without ever feeling "wacky". Welles' Harry Lime perfectly captures what Werner Herzog would later refer to as 'the bliss of evil'. For me Reed's direction (as also in 'The Fallen Idol') counters Greene's dryness and allows one to appreciate the unbearable lightness as well as the moral seriousness of his work.

3. tri ...'s rating of the film The Third Man

the dead are happier dead

4. Samuel T.'s rating of the film The Third Man

16mm. Re-watch (for the first time in 10 years almost exactly). This film takes itself so seriously, and at times is so quirky! That score! That cinematography!!! (I just learned about "the Dutch angle" tonight, oops.) Orson steals the show the second the camera hits him. A thoroughly satisfying cinematic experience.

5. Walker's rating of the film The Third Man

A classical example of cinematic perfection.

6. Balthaz21's rating of the film The Third Man

7. Mtume Gant's rating of the film The Third Man

A powerhouse of its time, from cinematic technique to Orson Welles stellar performance. 4.5

8. FISCHER's rating of the film The Third Man

Un classique du 7e Art qui reste incontournable, inamovible... www.cinefiches.com

9. Muntagnari's rating of the film The Third Man

tre. pieno. gonfio. finale da 5.

10. MistaRichard's rating of the film The Third Man

Classic noir imagery. If I had to pick a film to exemplify noir-age film grammar, this would probably be it. The performances are memorable, with a special mention to Orson Welles, who, despite appearing for only a few brief moments, is just so much fun to watch on-screen.

11. Risya's rating of the film The Third Man

12. Rodrigo's rating of the film The Third Man

I hate the musical score of this movie with passion.

13. ermete polpette's rating of the film The Third Man

14. Faustgelopoulos's rating of the film The Third Man

15. Aaron Dillenbeck's rating of the film The Third Man

The dutch angle has never looked so great. Literally everything about this movie was perfect. I declare, masterpiece. Just watch it, please?!

16. Samuel Righi's rating of the film The Third Man

17. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film The Third Man

18. Jack Brookes's rating of the film The Third Man

Leave death to the professionals. (But who are the professionals?)

19. cin·aes·the·tic's rating of the film The Third Man

I hesitate to add to the acclimation with my rating. But personally I can't rate it otherwise. The best way to approach the film for the first time is to forget everything you've read, heard, or seen about it. I'm not suggesting permanent amnesia, just to drop any preconceptions. It helps to have been to Vienna, though. And though the zither may seem exotic, it is quintessentially Austrian and integral to the film.

20. Thomas Dods's rating of the film The Third Man

One of the first "old films" that I came to appreciate, leading me to love film noir, black and white photography and of course Orson Wells. Effectively perfect when it comes to script, character and direction.

21. bagno's rating of the film The Third Man

22. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film The Third Man

23. fearraigh's rating of the film The Third Man

Though Carol Reed was never more than a competent journeyman director, The Third Man remains a classic, partly because of the location shooting among Vienna's ruins, partly because of Greene's screenplay, partly because of Welles' scene-stealing turn and partly because of the music. A film whose fame is untouchable and always will be.

24. yovargas's rating of the film The Third Man

A murder mystery where I couldn't summon any interest in the murder or the mystery. An oddly flat, uneventful story. Fairly dull, but damn, at least looks great! I give it a C+.