1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Ticket

It's that old familiar story arc. Like 'Flowers for Algernon'. Man gets gift, becomes asshole, man loses gift, back to square 1. Although I must admit that I didn't know that getting your sight back meant that you would become a genius, but then what do I know.

2. anarresti's rating of the film The Ticket

Cruelly insightful. More interesting from the emotional and relational point of view than from the moral approach, which intersects. I saw the moral implications more as the background in which the lead character has to make his choices. And not as the guide lines for the premise. It is an interesting exercise to see how someone re-evaluates life / changes their life when they get what they want, or think they want.

3. brick_bro's rating of the film The Ticket

An intriguing premise, with a lot of room for wonder, that quickly loses steam about halfway in when it becomes a cautionary tale focused on greed. Some of the camerawork is undoubtedly impressive though, and Stevens, Åkerman and Platt put on great performances.

4. Will C's rating of the film The Ticket

From a storytelling perspective, this really isn't anything that hasn't been seen before, but it still does its job successfully thanks to the dedicated performances from its leads and its haunting cinematography.

5. Artemis's rating of the film The Ticket

Haunting and sinister: an acute introspection into the psychology of disability and masculinity.