1. Arne Hain's rating of the film The Time Machine

A very smart look on the soziological future.

2. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film The Time Machine

Close-to-the-novel adaptation of one of the best time travel science-fiction novels ever made. The Time Machine is a classic invention and a cinematic marvel and love that the movie didn't change the Victorian settingl. Rod Taylor do his most beloved role and the film has gorgeous use of colors. Villains The Morlocks are dated though and wouldn't the smart inventor get bored with his brainless love after a while?

3. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film The Time Machine

H.G. Wells was responsible for inventing the time travel.

4. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Time Machine

I always liked Rod Taylor. He's a strong, rugged, no-nonsense kind of guy. Every time I hear George Pal's name I immediately start to sing, "But When worlds collide, said George Pal to his bride 'I'm gonna give you some terrible thrills'" I am also slightly enamored with Yvette, though she doesn't really have a great role.

5. LauraPalmer's rating of the film The Time Machine

war is over (if you want it)

6. Fabiano Sasselli's rating of the film The Time Machine

Special effect are still enjoyable today. But too many differences with the book

7. FISCHER's rating of the film The Time Machine

Un savant génial qui se fait prénommer George, pour garder l'anonymat, vient d'inventer une machine à explorer le temps, ce qui lui a permis de se retrouver en 1917, en 1943, en 1966 et en l'an 80000 ..... Dans l'esprit de H.G. Wells ! www.cinefiches.com

8. cherbourgdoll's rating of the film The Time Machine

9. malachiesipucheala94's rating of the film The Time Machine

college was okay i guess bv cornea

10. DenoResandono's rating of the film The Time Machine

Well, it's not like my expectation. But damn, I love the ending. It has a good impact to me. The special effects were a way ahead in its time. It's worth to watch because it's so entertaining. Like it!

11. Cherry's rating of the film The Time Machine

It's not actually that good but somehow very memorable

12. ΞRIC B∆Ɖ TASTΞ's rating of the film The Time Machine

i came across here, because of TBBT - nice one !

13. Ethan's rating of the film The Time Machine

This is one of the best science fiction films of the 60s and a far better adaptation then the terrible remake.

14. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Time Machine

Fabulous. Extra star for effects. Taylor was never better, except maybe in The Birds

15. "Mother" Gin Sling's rating of the film The Time Machine

16. ANGSTZUSTAND's rating of the film The Time Machine

17. MarcW's rating of the film The Time Machine

Nice to watch, but somehow no real classic. The Morlocs are of course terrible. Did Wells picture them as monsters anyhow? Guess he wanted to show that the class struggle might end that way, with the poor ones winning, and with the unproductive bourgeoisie being normal cattle, even being razed with concerns to welfare. Making a monster movie instead of scifi shows the uncertainty of the filmmakers. Very funny.

18. Freddie's rating of the film The Time Machine

Starts out OK but then it's all downhill from there.

19. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film The Time Machine

20. AKFilmFan's rating of the film The Time Machine

It may lack the SFX tools & budget of the remake, but this entertaining sci-fi is more thoughtful & entertaining than the 2002 film. Though it simplifies Wells' concepts & story, the effects & Taylor's performance gloss over the most obvious flaws. Those flaws are most present when Taylor's George is introduced to the Eloi. They try to communicate apathy & conditioning but come across as idiotic & naive.

21. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Time Machine

6/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-1yG

22. Lthm2's rating of the film The Time Machine

Still a great moment. Without enjoying the 'freedom' underlying theme, I enjoyed all the rest, and all the creativity involved to put this in moving pictures.

23. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film The Time Machine

24. Michael Voegtlin's rating of the film The Time Machine

One oft he few times when the mobilisation of all available Hollywood trickery really resulted in something like movie-magic. The antiquated physicality of the FX only plays to their charms. Rod Taylor proves to be an adequate emotional performer, but he demonstrates great physical presence.